Chapter Two: The Unexpected Guest

(UNKNOWN AREA OF SPACE)

Space, a floating staircase among the rocks...THE OTHER speaks to a DISEMBODIED FIGURE in a chair.

THE OTHER (V.O) The Tesseract has awakened. It is on a little world, a human world. They would wield its power.

THE OTHER hands LOKI a sceptre with a glowing blue gem...

THE OTHER (V.O) But our ally knows its workings as they never will. He is ready to lead. And our force...

The CHITAURI put  on their face mask and get ready.

THE OTHER (V.O) ...our Chitauri, will follow. The world will be his...the universe, yours. And the humans, what can they do but burn?

A 3d model of the Tesseract, we move inside it slowly

A few wizards and witches are confused on what's happening and why hadn't they heard of this. A few others look at Loki scared and some with disgust. Loki faces forward pretending he can't feel the stares he then looks to the side and see's Raisa glaring at the people who stared at him.

(MOUNTAIN RANGE - EARLY NIGHT)

A helicopter SPEEDS over this mountain at high-speed. The CAMERA pans up over the mountain and we see...

(SHIELD/NASA FACILITY)

This base is grand beyond belief. There is a frantic evacuation in progress. AGENTS, SCIENTISTS, and PERSONNEL rush around the base frantically.

INTERCOM VOICE All personnel, evacuation order has been confirmed. Proceed to your designated vehicles...

A man flushes people by. The sign on the building reads:

JOINT DARK ENERGY MISSION; WESTERN DIVISION; PROJECT PEGASUS, NASA SPACE RADIATION FACILITY, S.H.I.E.L.D ACCELERATOR TEST FACILITY

INTERCOM VOICE: ...for all campus evacuation.

Security Guards direct traffic. SHIELD agents assist people, some stuff the trunks of their cars and leave the campus.

INTERCOM VOICE (CONT'D): This is not a drill. Emergency personnel proceed to your designated vehicles for all campus evacuation.

The helicopter slows above a

(LANDING PAD, SHIELD/NASA FACILITY)

There is a man in a suit waiting. This is AGENT PHIL COULSON. ON THE CHOPPER: The door slides open. Out comes a female, this is AGENT MARIA HILL. Following behind her is NICK FURY. Fury and Hill walk over to Coulson.

FURY: How bad is it?

AGENT COULSON: That's the problem, sir. We don't know.

"How can you not know what's going on?" Draco Malfoy asked, talking to them as if they were stupid. "SHIELD and earth have never dealt with something with the amount of power the tesseract holds." Thor responds not noticing the boy's attitude mistaking it for curiosity.

(ELEVATOR SHAFT - MOMENTS LATER (EARLY NIGHT))

An elevator rushes down. It's going fast.

AGENT COULSON (V.O): Doctor Selvig read an...

(LOWER LEVEL)

Coulson, Fury, and Hill make their way through the crowds of evacuating personnel.