Chapter Thirteen: Blueberries

I know it's been a while. It's just that I've not been in a proper headspace with family problems and exams coming up. I've been kinda stressed and haven't been able to write but hopefully this will make up for it, I think it's one of my favourite chapter just because of one of the scenes. But you never know maybe there will be more soon.

(WISHBONE LAB, CARRIER)

Banner and Stark are working on tracking the Cube. Banner is scanning the sceptre with a device.

BANNER: The Gamma readings are definitely consistent with Selvig's reports on the Tesseract. But it's gonna take weeks to process.

Stark works on a screen.

TONY: If we bypass their mainframe and direct route to the Homer cluster we can clock this at around six hundred teraflops.

BANNER: All I packed was a toothbrush.

TONY: (giggles a bit) You know, you should come by Stark Tower some time. Top ten floors all R and D. You'd love it, it's a candy land.

RAISA: Can I come?

TONY: Of course you can kid.

BANNER: Thanks but...last time I was in New York I kind of broke...Harlem.

TONY: Well, I promise a stress free environment. No tension, no surprises.

He zaps Banner in the side.

BANNER: Ow!

STEVE: Hey!

TONY: Nothing?

Steve approaches.

STEVE: Are you nuts?

TONY: Jury's out! (to Banner) You really have got a lid on it, haven't you? What's your secret? Mellow jazz, bongo drums, huge bag of weed?

STEVE: Is everything a joke to you?

TONY: Funny things are.

STEVE: Threatening the safety of everyone on this ship isn't funny. No offence, Doc.

BANNER: No it's alright. I wouldn't have come aboard if I couldn't handle pointy things.

RAISA: I don't think it's ok to say that. Just because you said no offence doesn't mean you can speak like that about someone. Saying that just makes their feelings feel invalidated. I think you should apologise to Bruce.

STEVE: I'm sorry Bruce, the kids right.

Bruce just nods trying to move back onto what the topic was before.

"Preach, you stand up to him." Blaise told the girl and started clapping, a few other students around him started clapping as well. Steve sunk down in his seat whilst Raisa stood up, turned around and bowed "Thank you. Thank you. I'll be here for a while."

TONY: You're tip-toeing, big man. You need to strut.

STEVE: And you need to focus on the problem, Mister Stark.

TONY: You think I'm not? Why did Fury call us in? Why now, why not before? What isn't he telling us? I can't do the equation unless I have all the variables.

STEVE: You think Fury's hiding something?

TONY: He's a spy. Captain, he's the spy. His secrets have secrets.

He gestures to Banner. While Raisa shrugs listening in on the conversation, Stark wasn't wrong.

It's bugging him too, isn't it?