Chapter 16: Students Working on a Case

Tap...

Tap...

Tap..

The sounds of rain pouring down from the sky can be heard all the way in Yanfei's room. What was she doing? She was working on the things she hated the most: complicated divorce cases. Even though it's not a real divorce case, it's still a homework that her teacher gave.

She couldn't focus after hearing what happened to her friends, most of them were hurt and 1 of them is missing '(Y/N)... I really hope you're okay' she sighed, taking a different colored pen to write with. While the white horned girl was writing, her house phone rang. "Hello this is Yanfei, who am I speaking to and how can I help you?"

"This is Heizou"

Yanfei was suddenly interested on what the detective boy has to say.

"Come on, we have another case"

[UA]

"So... UA wants you to find out where the villains who kidnapped the students are?" Yanfei repeated what Heizou just explained to her "You got that right! My, it seems like my skills are needed once again" Heizou snapped his fingers happily "Don't get ahead of yourself. You called me cause you needed my help, right?" Yanfei softly hit Heizou on the head with her book.

"That is also correct! You're UA's top student in general course studies when it comes to law! So, wouldn't it be great if I have a student who's also good in investigating with me?" the boy smiled "Oh stop it. This isn't the first time we worked on a case together" Yanfei sighed. She's right though. This is the 5th time Yanfei helped the detective boy to work on a case. The 3rd time they worked together, they stopped a group trying to sue UA for something they didn't do.

Who are the group of people?

The Akademiya of course!

Well- technically it's only the grand sage's planning, so the rest of the Akademiya is innocent.

Heck, Yanfei still wonders why the grand sage, Azar isn't fired yet.

Anyways, back onto the case. "How are you planning to start the investigation?" Yanfei questioned "By using the reports that I got from Ms. Makoto and Ei! The reports said that some nomus can be found around this area. They haven't came to check for themself because it would be very reckless for them to do so. Plus, the villains would suspect something"

"Sounds like the heroes did most of the things.." Yanfei mumbled "I heard that Ms. Lawyer in training!" Heizou exclaimed, trying to hold back his fist from punching her "Do you have any person you could question other than the heroes?" Yanfei ignored what the boy said earlier.

"Yep! A student from the support course. Albedo" Heizou said in a serious tone as he walked towards the support lab "Whoa, whoa, whoa! Why Albedo?" Yanfei followed "Because 1! He's a close friend to one of the missing students and 2! He's just as smart as we are. So he should be able to help us" Heizou explained.

"What? You don't think he has answers that will be VERY important to us?" Heizou turned his head to the girl "To be honest, yeah.. He spends most of his time in the support course, so I don't know why we're asking him about this" Yanfei sighed. Heizou then pulled something out of his pockets and smiled at Yanfei "Wanna bet 20 bucks if Albedo has important answers to us?" the detective boy smirked while holding 20 bucks.

"Oh, you know I would!"

Usually, Yanfei doesn't like to bet money but somehow betting money with Heizou is much more entertaining on her opinion. Plus, she saw an ice cream store outside but she wasn't carrying any money with her right now.