017

Two and a half weeks is definitely something where I would lay in bed at night with the baby journal Isaiah got me to write down all of the biggest and smallest symptoms I felt like things I did not enjoy eating, things that made my nose scrunch when I smelled them, how energetic I felt and how quickly I got tired, how many naps I take, how long I sleep and stay awake, how many breaks I need during work, names, colors for blankets, clothes, advice I remember to scribble down, the do's and don't's of parenting, when I should do this and what to expect when my water inevitably breaks, some heartfelt quotes Bucky has said about our baby that I caught when he would talk to his momma at times, and really anything else I could think of and can squeeze by my forgetful brain like how this morning, Bucky and Steve measured this baby to be about the size of a head of cauliflower now.

I know.

Time is passing which means I cannot bend over anymore, sit on the floor, get up from said floor without help, and I always need help getting my shoes on which has proved to be more embarrassing than I initially thought. It has discouraged me a little because I cannot do much of anything without asking for a hand from Bucky or to ask Steve to help me carry this and ask Clint to get me that but everyone reassured me that they absolutely love helping me out as long as they can either pat or rub my stomach which Bucky has a hard time with besides the Godparents, grandparents which includes Clint simply because Bucky wants that intimacy with me like how Steve never touches my tattoo even though he is one of four people walking on this planet to touch it and not have it burn.

Mary doesn't even touch it much anymore unless she has to.

That hasn't happened yet and I hope it doesn't because I have no idea how this little baby will react if it does. Speaking of him, he has grown so big and looks like a newborn now but a lot smaller and wrinklier according to Dr. Castle who Bucky and I saw a few days ago and isn't worth a whole bunch of words since it was the same thing of checking-in but I did have to take a glucose test and the drink satisfied my sugar tooth for a few days to the point I almost hurled at the cupcakes Steve tried to give me but understood when I pushed the thick frosted covered cake away.

Luckily, Bucky was there to happily take mine.

With the time that I have had on my hands from not working too much because of the lack of injuries which is always a good thing in my book, I have been working on the nursery every chance I get. That's usually when Bucky is on a mission, when I can't sleep at night, when I have the unexplainable need to smear paint on the walls, when I am not eating, not on the phone with Mary, not visiting anyone and whenever I am not in the clinic doing the piles of paperwork I fly through with how excited I am to dress in my very classic maternity overalls that are colored black and paired with my white Vans that match my white short sleeved shirt.

I told you, classic.

My hair is curled and pulled up into a loose ponytail after Bucky wanted to try his luck with my curling iron I have used maybe a few times. It was absolutely hilarious to see him so concentrated on not burning me and always asking if it is too hot or if he burned me even though I was close to sleeping in my chair. I did have fun with him a few times where I would wince and act like he did burn me which scared the living shit out of him and made me feel bad so I stopped but saw the small smile in the mirror when he thought I wasn't looking as he continued to curl my hair before I have been in the nursery all morning, painting away.

"Hmm." I hum with my hands on my hips as I look at the baby blue wall that finally dried into the light color instead of the dark one I was worried about before I gave it time. "Doesn't look too bad, my little love." I lightly insult my work and turn to set the paintbrush on the top of the light gray colored paint can that has a tint of blue to it so it all matches