Masquerade Ball

Two weeks after Jennifer and Veronica went on their date Peter called Jennifer to see if she like to go to a Masquerade Ball with him she agreed and he drove to New York from Georgia to pick her up. Jennifer sits in the passenger seat, as she toggle through stations on the radio, tapping her feet to the music on each. Peter smiled at her "Hey, DJ, what's going on? Can't make up your mind?" Jennifer smirked at him "No there so many good songs I love. Also a charity Masquerade Ball make me feel like a Princess." Peter smiled at her "You are a Princess." The car rounds a bend in the highway, and before they eyes the impressive skyline of the city crowded around a barber full of boats. Jennifer smiled looking around cause she's back in Atlantic city. "Cool! This is definitely going to beat staying snowed in on campus. Thanks for planning this, Peter." He reaches over and squeezes her hand. "I'm glad I snagged the invitation from my parents. I wasn't sure when you was going to leave campus for the holidays so I got them for this week as everyone would be off campus by now..." Jennifer smiled "Well dancing, drinking, and charity ball it's not what I will turn down." Peter smiled at her "and after dancing."

Jennifer smiled "anything your little mind can think of." Peter smiled at her brightly "Now I can't wait." She looks at him Petter... how well do you know Atlantic city." He smiled at her "Very well as I live there during school season." That made her shocked "yes I have a loft downtown as I'm there." She smiled at him "and is that where we will be staying." Peter nodded at her. Peter takes an exit ramp and drives into the city proper, navigating down several one-way streets. Eventually, he snags a parking spot, and they both got out of the car and gathered their things. He smiled at him "this is a nice city no wonder you stay here." Peter nodded at her she smiled "but I can't believe I didn't know where you lived." That made Peter laugh "well I'm an open book all you need to do was asked." Bags in hand, Peter locks his car and leads the way down the street. She smiled at him "I can ask anything and you will answer it honestly?" Peter nodded at her she smiled "all right, I got one... what your biggest fear?" He looks at her while walking "my biggest fear is failure, am I good enough, or will I let everyone down." Jennifer looks at him "Wow, that's got deep fast." He nodded at her "well you asked for honesty?"

She nodded at him smiling "but you chose to write." He nodded at her "that's is true." Jennifer looks at him "I think you're brave." Peter smiled at her and nodded "I know but still scared." Jennifer smiled and nodded at him "well next question." He looks at her "no time here's the apartment." She smiled as they went inside and Peter helps her bring her bag up to his loft. Jennifer looks around his loft and the view smiling at Peter. Then she saw a picture of a small kid. "Oh my god... is that you?" He looks around seeing the photos and nodded. "You are so cute like you are now. Who's this girl near you in this picture." Peter looks at her "That's Rose Thompson." Jennifer looks at him "The person your mom mentioned she wanted you with." They talked them he gave her a mask and Jennifer went into the bathroom to put on a nice blue dress with a blue mask. A short time later, Jennifer steps back into the bedroom and find Peter putting on a blazer of his tux. He's wearing a black domino mask. Jennifer smiled at him "Well hello there, mask stranger..." Peter looks up at her. He smiled at her and they headed to the ball.

A short time later, Jennifer and Peter arrived at Millennium Towers. After dropping their coat at the coat check, they entered through glittering doors into the ballroom. A sparkling chandelier illuminates the gold and silver hall, and on the dance floor, masked couples waltz to the music of a live band. Jennifer looks around smiling "Gorgeous... it feels like we've entered a different world... a different world with a champagne fountain... is that for real?" Peter smiled at Jennifer "Looks like it. Can I get you a drink?" Jennifer smiled "I'll have... the champagne, obviously. I bet it tastes even better from a fountain..." Peter reaches over and filled two flutes of champagne. He hands Jennifer hers. And they both clink their glasses saying cheers. Jennifer sips. The bubbles ticking her nose. Jennifer smiled at him "I'm ready feel giddy. Better keep me steady." Peter puts his arms around her. "Trust me. I won't leave your side." Jennifer smiled at him "So you said this was a charity masquerade ball..." Peter smiled at her "Yeah, the foundation is hosting the ball support  arts art programs in public schools."