seize

-- -- -- Stokeley Goulbourn -- -- --

"nigga move yo ass over." jahseh told izzy, pushing him off the sofa.

"damn i was just tryna see who you was talkin too." the light skin boy kissed his teeth. "you ain't have to push me you midget ass bitch."

"eat a bag of dick puss ass boy."

as much as jahseh and izzy bickered, they was hella cool with each other. the other day they even recorded a track for some tape jah was dropping. they was just petty fucks and couldn't see they had the same annoying ass personalities.

nyora came downstairs looking confused. "omar just text me, said sum bout it's a show in palm beach... y'all tryna slide?"

jahseh shrugged. "man ion care, omar cool peoples i guess, i fuck with the jit."

i knew he had done some songs with omar but all them shits was trash. omar was from chicago so niggas held him to a high standard but he was a fucking disappointment. he had hella shit he needed to work on like his rhyme scheme, metaphors, flow, adlibs, word play, all that shit. right now the jit was straight garbage.

isaiah sighed, still sprawled out on the floor. "i cant go, yazmine gone say some shit and im not tryna deal with her mouf."

"fuck that bitch." i frowned. "y'all not even together why you worried about what she gone say?"

jahseh sent me a look, probably for calling yazmine a bitch. but that female was aggy as hell. one minute she all caked up with izzy then the next she was breaking up with him over petty shit. and she stay assuming shit that's not even true.

"chill that's my girl vro." he put an arm over his eyes. "and ion even know, we been together since highschool-"

nyora snorted. "on and off."

"i cant just let that shit go you feel me."

jahseh shook his head but didn't say anything. i could see his pretty ass not understanding real relationships.

"man you a simp ass nigga." my voice was choked up from laughter. this man was really in love type shit

"whatever." he got up to his feet. "i'm finna head out, got shit to do."

nine times out of ten he was finna go stand on the corner with his homie gabe and sell dope.

he dapped us up and left.

jah was on his phone texting somebody, it didn't seem like it was marley. i could tell because the nigga always had this weird happy look on his face whenever he was talking to her, which contradicted his whole demeanor. right now he didn't seem too happy though.

jun hadn't talked to me since she landed in france but i just assumed she was hanging out with marley or busy.

stepping out the room i called her on instagram. i kinda missed talking to her about dumb shit. i wasn't sure how to occupy my time now.

"hey, what's up?" her beaming face appeared on my screen.

i shrugged. "i just wanted to talk. niggas is bored."

juniper made my heart beat fast. it was something about her that made me hella nervous. i'm pretty blunt when i talk to females and she wasn't any different but sometimes i caught myself feeling anxious that i would say the wrong thing.

"what'd you do today?" she asked, holding her chin in her hand. i assume she was laying in bed.

"not much. me, nyora and jahseh goin to a show or something later, i'm not really sure." i told her as i sat on the steps of the porch.

"oh that sounds fun. every event in florida is a fuckin vibe you know?" she giggled. "until it gets shot up."

that was true, you could be having fun one minute and next thing you know niggas is shooting up the place.

"you right." i chuckled. "what's up with marley?"

"oh she's a mess." jun shook her head, getting serious. "her and her mom got into a huge argument this morning because marls wanted money to go out and lilith pretended not to have it. and marls has a little brother, nicolias he's really sweet too, and he brought lilith's purse and like dumped it out on the floor-"

"and she had the money?" i predicted.

"thousands of euros, stoke... eviction notices... drugs..." her voice got soft and she rubbed a hand over her face. "so marls is stressing out. apparently lilith does this, she like, moves them to new houses and promises to get sober but never does. i guess marley thought it would be different because this is the first time they've moved far from everyone they know. she thought her mom would try to clean up for real."

i felt bad for marley, she was cool and it sucked that she had to deal with so much bullshit from her mom. "so i'ma assume yo' day was kinda shitty."

"no, it's just marls didn't want to hangout because she's kinda distraught about everything so i'm giving her space to process everything."

we stayed on the phone for about an hour until she started getting sleepy.
"where you going next?"

"mhmm." she hummed with her eyes closed. "im gonna go to tokyo, i wanna take marls and nic too."

"hey?" i said quietly, taking a drag from the newport i lit. "i'll talk to you tomorrow ight."

"no im up, baby" she blinked her eyelids slowly, revealing her brown eyes. "see."

i chuckled a little. "jun yo ass is sleep. i'ma call you tomorrow."

her lips pursed for a second. "fine."

"night princess, dream about me ight?"

a little sleepy giggle came through the phone. "okay. night stokeley."

i hung up and put my phone away. for a while i just sat on the porch smoking my cigarette thinking about how much of a simp i was for her. it had to be the way izzy felt about yazmine.