chapter 4

few hours passed by and it was my lunch break, Namjoon walked passed my desk. as soon as he saw me he stopped. "Ari, it's your lunch break now right?" he asked.

"yes it is, i was also on my way out."

"where are you going to have your lunch break?" he asked.

"at the cafe that's a few blocks away." i answered.

"can i come with?" he asked while he had a smirk on his face.

"you hardly go to cafe's." i laughed. it's true, he only goes to those fancy restaurants to have his lunch or gets takeaways delivered to his office.

"well i want to try it out since you always go there." he beamed.

i agreed, we left the office building.

"oh i forgot to tell you, we're walking." after i said that i began to walk to the cafe.

i heard footsteps running behind me and the person caught up with me, it was Namjoon.

"this is part of the equation?" he jokingly asked.

"yes it is, don't be lazy Namjoon." i winked at him.

he rolled his eyes and laughed. throughout the walk we spoke about little things, this was the first time i had a proper conversation with Namjoon.

after 7 minutes we reached the cafe, as soon as we walked in i could tell Namjoon was confused with everything.

"find a seat, i'll order for us." i assured him.

i looked at the menu and i realized that i didn't know what he wanted. i quickly ran over to where Namjoon was sitting, i stumbled on top of him.

"i'm sorry Joonie, i wanted to ask what do you want from the menu?" i asked.

he didn't respond right away, he just stared at me with stars in his eyes. i poked his nose with my index finger.

"yah, stop staring at me." i scolded him.

"sorry, i'm so sorry. yes? you were saying?" he asked.

"menu, what do you want from the menu?" i asked him again.

"whatever my pretty girl is having." he smirked.

i rolled my eyes and walked back to the counter. i ordered two of the same thing. i took the card which had the table number and walked up to it, surprisingly Namjoon was sitting at exact table number.

"sit next to me." he commanded.

i rolled my eyes and did what he said, i sat next to him and put my purse down next to me. after a few minutes our order came.

"two coffees with two chocolate doughnuts for Ari and her lovely ... " the waitress paused when she looked at Namjoon.

"and her lovely boyfriend." she joked, this made the three of us laugh.

"i hope you two enjoy. the sandwiches will come after you both are done with the doughnuts, i will look out for you two."

"thanks Rose." she smiled at me and left. before i could eat my doughnut, Namjoon was halfway done with his.

"how? you-"

"i'm hungry okay? i haven't eaten breakfast."

i pulled his left ear in anger, this made him yell out in pain.

"why didn't you eat?" i asked.

"Alice was nagging me to take her to school early for something." he answered.