chapter 29

it was the next day, Namjoon sent out an email stating that everyone should stay at home since there was going to be an important meeting taking place. "another day off for me? well amen Jesus." i thought to myself out loud.

i decided to clean my entire apartment since i had a feeling that my apartment room was dirty. i didn't bother taking a shower because i knew that i was going to be drenched in dust so what was the point of showering if i was going to become dirty?

i only brushed my teeth and washed my face and proceeded to clean up my entire apartment starting from the kitchen making my way to the living room then all the way to the bathroom leading to my bedroom... the bedroom. i sighed when i reached the bedroom due to the realization that i had a huge wardrobe and a small spare room inside my bedroom that i haven't cleaned since the birth of Jesus. how you may ask? well i just love to exaggerate, poor me.

i removed all my clothing from my wardrobe and i got awoken by the smell of dust. i really needed to give my wardrobe a makeover, i searched for a cloth and my furniture cleaner and started wiping the entire wardrobe. of course i'm short and i couldn't reach the top but at least i cleaned all the good spots before putting all the newly washed clothes back in the wardrobe.

few of my clothes remained on the bed as they were dirty and i didn't properly was them or perhaps i didn't wash them at all.

as i was done cleaning the wardrobe i made my way to the spare room that was close to my bed, i opened it and it was filled with unnecessary items. i really needed to clean my spare room, i started by removing all the small things out of the spare room and placed the ones that i didn't need in a trash bag.

it was a long process which led me to take breaks in between, i had no roommate to help me so it was just me and Jesus Christ. at least he helped by giving me strength to carrying all the heavy things that could've increased my blood pressure.

"it's going to be a long day." i thought to myself.

๑⁠˙⁠❥⁠˙⁠๑

it was around the afternoon and i was laying on my bed after cleaning my entire apartment. cleaning the spare room took me more than 4 hours to clean since i was the only one cleaning it. after cleaning i took a long shower which led to me taking a nap.

i was laying on my bed looking up at the ceiling thinking about what Namjoon told me the day prior about meeting my parents. i was thinking about whether if he was going to deny his marriage, deny Alice. well Alice wasn't his biological child but she truly saw him as her father.

i reached for my phone and proceeded to dial my mother's number. she answered during the third ring, "Ari? what surprise my child, how are you? aren't you supposed to be at work?" she asked with a concerned tone. "hello eomma, our boss gave us the day off since there was an important meeting taking place." i answered. we briefly spoke about my life and what took place, i only spoke about meeting some one and how he wanted to meet her.

"he wants to meet me today? well sure you two can come! should i cook anything?" i could tell by the tone of her voice that she was excited, "sure eomma you can cook some thing. will dad be there?" i asked, i honestly didn't want Namjoon to meet my father out of all people. my mother was quiet for a few seconds before answering that indeed my father will be there. i rolled my eyes in disgust.

i told her that we would be there around 15:00pm and she was delighted. i ended the call and dialed Namjoon's number, he answered during the second ring, "how lovely for you to call, Ari. what's up?"

"nothing much, i told my parents that you wanted to meet them today and that they are willing to meet you." i stated, "really? thank you God for making a way. what time should we be there?" he asked. "around three." i answered. "i'll pick you up at one therefore we could be there early."

i looked at the time and realized that it was 12:45pm. i abruptly ended the call and started looking for some thing to wear, i only had 15 minutes to prepare. i chose a black skirt that was slightly above the knees with a red shirt with flowers on it.

i didn't apply any make up, i just applied lip gloss and just styled my hair. as i was about to finish styling my hair my phone rang, i quickly got up and checked to see who could possibly call me and it was Namjoon. i realized that he was already outside.

i quickly finished styling my hair and looked out the window, he stood next to his car and was looking up at my apartment building until we locked eyes. he smiled at me unfortunately i also smiled at him.

i searched for my handbag and started filling it with necessary items, i put my phone inside my bag and made my way to the front door, i took my keys and made my way out the door and locked. i looked to my right and saw Jungkook's back, i immediately ran downstairs to the front door of the building. i looked around and saw Namjoon and i quickly ran to him. upon arrival Namjoon looked at me with a confused expression, "what's up with you?" he asked. "let's go before Jungkook sees me." i answered while breathing heavily.

Namjoon quickly made his way to the passenger side and opened the door for me to enter. i sat down and started asking Jesus to not increase my blood sugar levels. Namjoon looked at me confused but he chuckled when i started to roast myself.

"stop roasting yourself, i'm supposed to do that because i love you." he teased. "keep quiet and drive before i'll suffocate you." i scolded him, he chuckled and started the car. before we left he asked me for directions to my parents house. i mentioned the address and he worked his magic on the GPS.

"technology these days." i thought to myself out loud which caused Namjoon to chuckle.

Namjoon drove off.

_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_

A/N
hi there! i hope you are enjoying the book so far after the plot twist i dropped. thank you for your continuous support, don't be a ghost reader :( feel free to comment and vote! ^^

thank you as always!♡