chapter 10 ✅

it was the day of the party, i decided to wear a cheerleader costume. it was my old high school cheerleader costume. it took me 15 minutes to prepare, Jungkook insisted on being my driver throughout the day. Jungkook's Halloween costume was Deadpool's attire, he looked quite attractive.

for the first few minutes the drive was silent, we didn't say anything to each other until i remembered Namjoon's advice. i decided to speak to Jungkook but i didn't want us to argue which left me with no choice but to keep quiet.

after the 10 minute drive we reached the office building, Jungkook parked the car on the far end. i got out of the car and made my way to the building, on my way to the office building i saw some of my coworkers. their outfits looked great. i then saw Jenny, her outfit was Wonder Woman. she looked nice, not as nice as mine.

i reached the building and it was filled, i knew that some of my coworkers brought either their friend or partner with them because i noticed that i didn't recognize some people.

i then made my way to the lounge area, that area was packed with people. i scanned the room and saw Namjoon with a woman beside him, i assumed that it was his wife. he seemed uninterested that she came with him, his wife looked beautiful. she had nice long black hair that reached her waist, she had plump lips which were pink. her eyes were captivating, i would kill to have her eyes. i immediately felt insecure, i was nowhere near that attractive.

i felt a pair of eyes looking back at me, i snapped back into reality and saw Namjoon staring at me. i looked back at his wife and left the lounge area, as i was about to leave i bumped into someone.

"i'm so sorry." i looked up at the person and it was Christopher Bang.

"no worries darling, are you okay? you seem on edge." he sounded concerned.

"i'm alright, i just feel nervous. i have social anxiety."

"oh i'm sorry, do you have a date?" he asked.

"no i don't have anyone unfortunately."

"why not? can i be your date then? we don't have to kiss or anything, we're just going to be around each other and keep each other company since i'm also lonely." he then awkwardly laughed.

"sure, you seem nice to be around with." i stood next to him and hooked my right arm around his left arm. we then made our way inside the lounge area, i knew Namjoon was staring at us but i didn't seem to care until i thought about the kiss. i managed to pull myself together and put on my happy face.

Chris introduced me to friends, although we all worked together, i never spoke to none of them other than work related stuff. they were such characters, they already told me Chris's embarrassing situations. i told them about myself and they asked me questions, some were pointless questions which i didn't seem to mind.

as we all spoke i could feel a presence behind me, i saw Changbin look over me and smirked.

"Mr Kim! you look ravishing sir." Chris and his friends laughed, Chris turned around and i did the same. Namjoon was behind us, he was wearing a video game character's costume. he was wearing Nathan Drake's costume. he looked really good looking up close, what made me like his choice of costume was the fact that Nathan Drake was my favorite video game character. "why thank you, Spiderman." he replied sarcastically which made us chuckle.

"are you guys having fun so far?" he asked. we all agreed. we all briefly spoke for 5 minutes, "i'm sorry to be rude Mr Bang but mind if i steal Ari for a minute? i'll bring her back." Chris chuckled, "yes sir you can, treat her with care though." he demanded then chuckled right after. "i will, don't worry." Namjoon assured him.