chapter 9

nothing much happened during the past 2 weeks, other than Jenny being an extreme flirt with Jungkook and Namjoon still keeping his distance from me.

Namjoon gave me and Jimin the task to plan a Halloween party at the office. honestly, i hated parties. it gets too crowded and i have social anxiety, although i know all of my coworkers but it still took a toll on me.

the party was gonna take place in 2 days, Jimin took care with regarding to catering and some of the decorations. i emailed invitations and also dealt with other decorations. we both were decided which music was going. none of the coworkers were allowed to come to work since we didn't want to spoil the surprise. it was just me and Jimin, Namjoon was also not allowed at the office.

as i was fixing some of the decorations, Jimin brought up a random topic. ''so what's going on between you and Jungkook?'' i cleared my throat, ''we're close friends.'' ''that's not what i heard.'' i almost fell off the ladder when he said that. i got down from the ladder and turned to him, ''what do you mean?'' i asked sounding curious. ''word is going around that you and Jungkook are dating.'' my eyes widened. who could've possible started such rumor.

''and Namjoon is not too happy about the rumor.'' my initial thought was that Namjoon was the one who started the rumor but turns out it wasn't him. ''oh and speaking of Namjoon, i need to talk to you about him.'' Jimin insisted.

''Namjoon... he takes quite of an interest in you.'' i raised my right eyebrow in suspense. ''i know i shouldn't tell you this but i think you should know.'' i gestured for him to carry on because he kept stalling.

''he's writing a song about you, well a rap song about you...'' my eyes widened but i was confused on why he was telling me about this. ''Jimin, i don't mean to be rude but why are you telling me this?'' he took a deep sigh, ''he loves you, he has always loved you weeks after you started working here which was 3 years ago if i'm correct. whenever we would spend time outside of work he would always mention you, at first it was annoying but i would see how in love he was. when he got married by arranged marriage he sort off stop talking about you. i knew why he swapped our duties, it was because he told me what happened at the office a few weeks ago.''

Jimin continued speaking, it was interesting on how close they were. Jimin knew why i would take long to come back at the reception area, he knew that i was with Namjoon. he didn't want to say anything because he didn't want to make me think that Namjoon would tell the whole office about us.

''please promise me these, if he becomes physical again just tell me. i'm not afraid to get him fired. second, if he if you are unsure about some of the things he does, come and speak to me. i won't hesitate to help. lastly, don't feel the need to pressured by him to do certain things, if it makes you uncomfortable say no.''

i thanked Jimin with a hug, although i still found it strange that he told me certain things but i felt appreciative. this made feel certain way for Namjoon, knowing that he has feelings for me, knowing that he was writing a rap song about me made me feel a bit overwhelmed but giddy on the inside. after the conversation that we had, we continued to what we were doing to prepare for the party that was going to take place in the next two days.

๑⁠˙⁠❥⁠˙⁠๑

after a few hours, me and Jimin were at the lounge area, we were talking about ourselves since we never had the opportunity to have proper conversations. we knew each other but not about each other. hearing him talk about himself was interesting, the females in the workplace would talk about how innocent he was and how he had a baby face but in reality those things are just assumptions, he was not entirely innocent. his best friend almost leaked his nudes this one time, he normally read adult books. at first my mind couldn't comprehend the things he told me, it was like what ever he said would go in one ear and exit out the other ear. my mind would be in denial.