chapter 28

it was the day of the anniversary party, Namjoon gave me and Jimin the day off. the party was going to take place around 12:00pm until 19:00pm, throughout the morning i was running small errands since i was going to be occupied during after 11:30am. i wore a baby blue dress with silver heels. i didn't do a full face makeup, i only did my eyebrows and applied blush and some lip gloss.

Jimin came to my apartment complex, he came with his rental car. i got in the car and he drove off to the venue, before the day of the party Jimin and i sent out invitations to Namjoon's family and Nina's family including close friends. Jimin knew both Nina and Namjoon on a personal level which made him accessible to their family and friends.

after the drive we reached the venue, some guests were already there. Jimin parked the car and we both quickly got out of the vehicle and rushed to the guests, we greeted each and every one of them. some of the guests asked if i was Namjoon's new wife because of how attractive i looked. i found it strange but i managed to play it off, Jimin also probably found it weird but he later explained what they meant by me being Namjoon's second wife.

we got in the venue and looked around, the venue looked absolutely beautiful. the theme color was baby blue with a touch of silver, more and more guests arrived and it was almost time to start the celebration. we allowed the guests in and they all were in awe at how beautiful the venue looked, every one was settling down until i felt someone pinch me. i turned to look at Jimin, ''they're here, tell the audience to quiet down.'' i quickly made my way to the main table, i gathered every one's attention and told them to quiet down since Namjoon and Nina were here. the whole venue went silent, i hid behind the table and waited for them to enter. after a few minutes i saw Jimin entering the venue with Namjoon and Nina, we all turned to them and yelled out ''SURPRISE!'' Namjoon and Nina had a shock of their lives, it was funny seeing their reaction.

everyone got up and greeted both of them, it was nice seeing Namjoon being happy in a while. Jimin made his way to me, he congratulated me for what i did. although it didn't seem like a huge achievement but i felt proud of myself regardless.

Nina made her way to me and Jimin, she hugged me tightly and thanked the both of us for planning the party. when Namjoon came to us Nina's body language changed, i didn't understand why. Nina became quiet all of a sudden which left me confused and suspicious. Namjoon greeted me and Jimin and also thanked us preparing the party. Nina kissed Namjoon on the cheek and made her way to the a group of guests who were already seated, "what's going on between you two?" Jimin asked while he smirked, "we had an argument and something happened but let's not talk about it." Namjoon immediately dropped the topic, "Namjoon, why didn't you introduce us to this beautiful young lady?" we all turned to see who just spoke and it was Namjoon's mother, i immediately got nervous.

"aish i'm sorry eomma, this is Lee Ari." he introduced me to her, i bowed which made her smile at me. "you're really beautiful my child." i thanked her for her compliment. Jimin could tell that i was nervous which led to him gently rubbing my back. all my nerves slowly started to fade away.

his mother asked me questions about myself and i kindly answered all of them, she asked if i was Namjoon's secret girlfriend which made the three of us, Jimin Namjoon and myself to chuckle.

"that's a bit personal." Namjoon stated while he blushed, "so are you not denying it?" she asked. "uhm... i wouldn't say we are secretly dating. we're just really close." i assured her. she laughed at how nervous i got.

Namjoon accompanied his mother to her table, "that was interesting." i thought out loud which caused Jimin to laugh out loud. we both laughed at how nervous i got, we searched for a table and made our way to it and sat down on our individual chairs.

๑⁠˙⁠❥⁠˙⁠๑

hours went by and the party was going really well, Namjoon and Nina danced together in front of everyone. i sipped my wine looked at them in pure disgust, Jimin laughed at how uninterested i looked when they danced, "cheer up, one day you'll have the opportunity." i scoffed which made Jimin laugh even more.

Namjoon and i made eye contact, i still looked at him in disgust but laughed soon after when Jimin choked on his champagne.

i covered my mouth preventing myself from laughing out loud that would gain the attention of the guests. Jimin was still coughing i proceeded to rub his back, what made it even funny was when he would stop coughing he would be smiling and his eyes looked red which also sparkled.

"you okay bud?" i asked while chuckling, "i'm fine, just stop giving the man dirty looks." he teased. i smacked the back of his head and rolled my eyes.

the party was coming to a close, guests started to leave but before they did they all said their goodbyes and finally started to give Nina and Namjoon gifts. i didn't get them anything including Jimin.

i left the venue to catch a breather outside, as i stood and looked at the moon i felt a tap on my shoulder. i turned to look at who was behind me and it was a female that i didn't know, ''hi there, you must be Ari right?'' i slightly nodded while looking at her with a confused expression. ''nice to finally meet you, i'm Kyung Min. Namjoon's younger sister, he always talks to me about you.'' i blushed and rubbed the back of my neck. she asked me questions about myself and i kindly answered all of them, i was really nervous while speaking to her. it felt as if his whole family knew about me.

i saw Namjoon walking towards us which made me even more nervous, ''you two are here, i was wondering where you two were.'' he stood beside his sister, ''i wanted to meet your girlfriend.'' she teased him, he chuckled. he came and stood behind me while he held onto my hips, ''stop it, we're at your anniversary party.'' i scolded Namjoon. his sister giggled which made me chuckle, Namjoon removed his hands and stood next to me. ''i'm sorry love, forgive me?'' he pleaded while he pouted. ''no.'' i turned my attention to his sister. she laughed so hard that she couldn't breathe at one point, i asked if she was okay and she assured me that she was alright. she hugged Namjoon and made her way back inside making me only me and Namjoon outside.

''did you enjoy the party?'' he asked, i assured him that i did and i was glad that it went well. he looked behind him before he kissed me. i was in shock at the fact that he was risking his marriage. he assured me that he had everything under control.

''Ari? can i ask you to fulfill something for me?'' he questioned. i nodded signaling that i was all ears, ''can i meet your parents tomorrow?'' my jaw dropped, i smacked him on his right shoulder. ''why so soon? you and i are not even together!'' ''i just want their blessings, i'm really serious about you, about us. i don't make empty promises like Jungkook.''

i could tell that he was serious, i couldn't say no due to how determined he was to find oout about them if i denied him meeting them.

''should he really meet my parents?'' i thought to myself.

๑⁠˙⁠❥⁠˙⁠๑