chapter 15

it was Monday and it was back to work for me, i woke up and took a quick shower then proceed to put on my work clothes. i made my way to the kitchen and made myself a small breakfast. as i was about to eat i heard a knock on the door.

i quickly made my way to the door only to see Taehyung, "oh hi, is everything ok?" i asked him. "yeah i'm alright, you're still eating your breakfast i can see. well i'll wait for you then."

"no no it's fine, we can leave." i rushed to the kitchen counter, grabbed my bag and left, locking the door behind me. i didn't seem to care about carrying my breakfast bowl in my hands and walking to work with Taehyung. Taehyung found it hilarious but he understood that he came 5 minutes early.

after the short walk we finally made it to the building, we said our goodbyes and made our way to our working stations.

i put my bag down next to me and sat down on my chair, i decided to finish my breakfast until i saw Jungkook walk in with Jenny. my appetite immediately left the building, i was absolutely disgusted but i couldn't do or say anything because i insisted on us being friends.

i put my bowl down and left my desk, i quickly made my way to the lounge area until i heard someone call out to me, "Ari! wait up!" i recognized the voice, it was Jungkook.

i slowly turned around and saw Jenny walking with him, "hey you, come here." Jungkook pulled me in for a hug, i could tell Jenny was fuming with anger.

he pulled away, "i'm sorry for not walking with you today. i had to help Jenny with something, which is why i sent Taehyung to walk with you." i could tell he was sincere but i was blindsided by anger.

"don't worry, it's okay. it was nice walking with Taehyung, i actually prefer walking with him." i gave him a fake smile and walked off.

i reached the lounge area and saw Namjoon, my blood boiled even more. i couldn't stand both Namjoon and Jungkook. i decided to ignore how i felt and proceeded to make my way to the coffee machine.

as i was making my coffee i heard Namjoon talk on the phone, it sounded like he was talking to an elder due to the tone of his voice and the choice of words. i planned on eavesdropping but i didn't want to be seemed as nosey so i decided to stick to my own world.

as i was done making my coffee i made my way back to my work area, as i reached my desk i saw Jimin eating my breakfast.

"Jimin! what are you doing!" i yelled, he turned around to face me, his mouth was filled with food. it was like he had two tennis balls in either side of his mouth.

"what? i'm eating." he stated, i couldn't be mad at him because of how cute he looked. i just smiled at him, "you're eating my breakfast, did you at least eat at your house?" i asked. he shook his head signaling he didn't.

"why not?" i asked, i grew concerned. he aggressively chewed the food he had in his mouth in order to speak properly. "i woke up late and Namjoon was rushing me to leave since he dropped me off."

for some reason i always thought that Jimin lived with Namjoon judging by how close they were but after the dinner i had last night and what Jimin told me i realized that my brain lied to me.

"oh i'm sorry, it's fine you can eat. i'm not actually hungry anymore." i assured him, he smiled at me and proceeded to eat.

i made my way around the desk and sat down.

"today is going to be a long day." i thought to myself.

๑⁠˙⁠❥⁠˙⁠๑

hours went by, i just had my lunch break 30 minutes ago. i spent my lunch break with Taehyung, we never spent time together without Jungkook but strangely enough it was great spending lunch break with him.

many people perceived him as cold and reserved but in my opinion he's actually the opposite. he did most of the talking throughout lunch and it was unusual for me to see him behave a certain way.

as i was doing my work i heard a familiar voice, "Ari can we talk." i looked up and saw Jungkook. "i'm quite busy now, how about after work?" i asked. "no, you're going to be walking with me and Taehyung."

luckily Jimin was not present, i agreed on the idea of us having a conversation. he highlighted my attitude towards him whenever Jenny was around and he didn't seem to understand why. he also highlighted on my decision on us being friends and why i didn't reciprocate the same energy he gave me.

in my defense i explained to him why i behaved a certain way around him in the presence of Jenny. i also told him why i didn't reciprocate the same energy, it was because i didn't want to feel as if i lead him on.

he asked if we could try again and start over, just to see where it would lead us, i assured him to not expect the same from me until he completely stops hanging out with Jenny. it was a tough decision for him to make but he was determined to try again.

he left and i continued with my work until i heard another familiar voice, "i see he's slowly trying." i looked up and saw Namjoon, he had a sly smirk on his face.

"how do you know? you weren't even here." i retorted. "i was watching you two and of course i was eavesdropping."

i rolled my eyes and looked at him with pure disgust, "but hey don't worry, you can breathe for a while. i'm not going to bother you." he winked at me and left.

i took a deep sigh and continued to work.

๑⁠˙⁠❥⁠˙⁠๑

it was my knockoff time, i packed my area and as i was about to finish i saw Jungkook and Taehyung passing by my work area. i grabbed my handbag and quickly made my way to them. we walked out the building together and made our way to our apartment complex.

i never understood why Jungkook would not come to work with his car, he would always use it outside of work and whenever there was a special event taking place.

on our walk home, Jungkook held my hand. i didn't react in a negative way, i just went with the flow.

after the walk we reached our apartment complex, we walked inside the building and the guys accompanied me to my room. Taehyung gave me a hug and left Jungkook behind, "i'll see you tomorrow?" he questioned. i nodded my head in approval, he kissed me on the cheek and left.

when he kissed me i somehow didn't feel anything, it was just... neutral but it was going to take him in order for me to get used to him.

A/N
♡ what do you think about this chapter?
♡ i know this chapter is boring but it'll get interesting.
♡ please don't forget to vote :)