Chapter 33 : Cold Shoulders (Part 2)

??? : Wake up (Y/N)...

(Y/N) : ....Huh...?

??? : It's time to wake up…

Your eyes, still closed, you try to shuffle on your bed to wake up but it doesn't seem to work. You tried opening your eyes, but it felt as if it was sewn shut.

(Y/N) : ‘What is this…’ 

You thought to yourself. You realized something. You then panicked internally. you thought you were in a coma. But a droplet of water hits your head, you quickly got up and blinked for a couple of seconds as you then thought to yourself.

(Y/N) : 'Really? That woke me up. Man... thought I went into a coma for a sec, scary...'

You fully woke up, lifting your body off the bed as you saw... flowers? Where was this? What is this? You thought to yourself, this wasn't the hut that you were sleeping in. You’ve been sleeping on a patch of purple flowers, you got up and decided to look around. You see a large tree in the middle of it all, there was also a pathway that led to the tree as it separated the flowers which were blue and red. 

(Y/N) : Hmm… heh, these colors seem way too familiar.

You said to yourself, thinking of Akino and Mizuki. You felt something tickling your back, the tickling had made your whole body shiver. You look beside you to see a Red orb floating near you, which you presumed to be Akino.

(Y/N) : Huh… Akino, is that you? 

You spoke to the orb as it just stood still and glowed a bit. Maybe she just couldn’t talk in this state, or maybe it just reminds you of her? but it doesn’t matter, at least you got someone somewhat familiar in this weird place.

(Y/N) : If you're here… where's Mizuki?

Suddenly something hits you on the back of your head, making you hunch forward. You look to see what it is. It was a blue orb, floating just like the other one.

(Y/N) : Ow… M-Mizuki? 

The blue orb glowed twice.

(Y/N) : Huh…? What’s going on here?

Akino then went towards Mizuki, and about a second later they went on ahead to the pathway towards the large tree in the distance. 

You walked along the path with “Akino and Mizuki”, walking slowly turns into jogging and jogging turns into running, taking in the scenery, but there wasn't much to see other than red and blue flowers. It seemed endless, yet you felt that you were getting closer and closer to the tree.
Minutes felt like hours as you ran and ran… sooner or later the three of you saw a large body of water on the horizon, as it was in the way of getting to the tree.

(Y/N) : Woah… it looks… huge… girls, do you think we can make it across? 

They didn't glow.

(Y/N) : Ok. glow twice if yes, glow once if no.

Mizuki glowed once, and Akino glowed twice.

(Y/N) : *sigh* Well… might as well if we can't agree. But, let me try something out first.

You walked right in front of the river and decided to dip your hands in it, the sensation felt rather… unique to say the least.

(Y/N) : Woah… this feels weird. Okay… here goes!

You took a deep breath and dipped your head inside of the river… You opened your eyes to see an endless void. You try to focus deeper into the void as glimpses of what you assume to be alternate realities, all of them similar to each other yet very different in their own ways. You took it all in a second, trying to process each of every little thing that existed in said void. but alas you couldn’t, You felt your head getting tugged as you suddenly got dragged into the river.