Chapter 4: Trouble

"What?" Toadstool cried. "What do you mean, the power-ups don't work?!" 

"I-I don't know!" Parsnip wailed. "The buttons aren't working!"

So, as it turns out, when Thyme Warp defeated the Gargantuar in chapter 2, it fell on a button that just happened to turn the power-ups on and off, and destroyed it. You're probably thinking, "Well, it was turned on, so it shouldn't be a problem right?" Well, you know what happens before destroying a button when fall on a button?

You PRESS the button.

So the Gargantuar fell on the button, pressed it, and then destroyed it. Well, this is a sticky situation.

The plants stuck in Big Wave Beach and Modern Day were having a similar problem. The plants in Big Wave Beach had to keep plants alive, and the ones in Modern Day were trying to deal with Dr. Zomboss. But this isn't about them. This is about Thyme Warp and Gold Leaf.

As plants were being mauled, Thyme Warp spotted Gold Leaf in trouble. She was surrounded by a horde of zombies.

"Oh no! Gold Leaf!" Thyme Warp cried. "I have to save her!"

He dove towards the horde and activated himself, reset the zombies, and died.

"Uh oh," Kernel-pult worried.

"D-don't worry," Said Gold Leaf, sounding a little nervous. "H-He'll just pop back into existence, right?"

"I'm afraid not," Kernel-pult sighed. "When we left, I got a call from the big screen, and it told me it fell after we teleported and left a pool of acid, which Thyme Warp just respawned in."

For a second, everyone was silent. And then...

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Gold Leaf wailed. "We have to go get him!"

"We can't," Kernel-pult said, somehow remaining calm. "We're stuck in this time period, remember? I'm afraid there's nothing we can do."

Gold Leaf felt like she was going to cry. She tried her best not to show it, but she really loved Thyme Warp.

"We need to save him!" She exclaimed. "I'll stop at nothing to find him, even if I have to climb Mount Everest!"

"That's quite a claim," Pea-nut said. "And now you can prove it!"

"How?" Gold Leaf asked.

"By climbing that mountain right behind us!" Phat Beet spouted.