Your Lie in October (Heavy Angst)

Today was Halloween, well, 'Halloween'. This year, it fell on a weekday and the town decided that trick-or-treating will be postponed to Saturday. Two days before actual Halloween. Plus, it was supposed to rain on that day. So, you were glad it was moved.

You wanted to make it the best Halloween that you had ever experienced in your life.

Some people think that you might be too old to dress up to go around trick-or-treating. But you didn't care. Life was short. You wanted this Halloween something to remember.

You dressed up as a cute little demon. You had some horns coming out of your forehead. You were wearing an asymmetric red leather jacket showing a little bit of your chest, along with red leather gloves. You wore some black leather leggings and black boots. You even made a tail that moved every time you walked.

After putting in your red contacts and your black lipstick you were finished with your Halloween costume. And just in time too! 

Before you left, you grabbed your Polaroid Go and your pillowcase.

The neighborhood was so alive. People were out trick-or-treating. Kids were running from house to house, knocking or ringing doorbells. 

As you walked around the neighborhood, hitting every house, you got compliments on your costume. You also saw some great costumes of all ages too, from children to adults.

Every time you saw a costume you loved or a character that you recognized, you would ask them if you could take a picture with them. Surprisingly, everyone that you asked was flattered and agreed!

You ended up collecting a good amount of photos.

As the night continued, it seemed like the houses were shutting down and the trick-or-treaters were heading home.

You didn't realize how deep you went in the neighborhood. As you walked home, the streets were getting emptier and emptier. Porch lights on houses were flicking off as the residents head to bed.

While walking back, you decided to head over to the neighborhood park and relax there for a bit. The sky was clear and the stars were out, you were in the mood to stargaze a bit. Even though there's some slight light pollution, you could still see them.

As you were heading over to a bench, there was a shadow that loomed over you.

You turned around and gasped. You saw a demon, probably about six feet tall and five to seven inches, you weren't sure. The Demon was on the heavier side and seemed to look like a man. He was wearing a red turtleneck sweater and black pants. He was also wearing a demon mask that went over his whole head, so you couldn't see his face. You could only see his wide eyes and his broad smile. He was holding a knife in his hand with red gloves that pointed at the fingertips. 

"Oh my gosh! Twinsies! By the way, I really love your costume!" you exclaimed excitedly. "Not because I'm biased or anything," you chuckled.

He didn't reply. Instead, he still had that wide smile on his face, drool dripping down his lip as he held his knife. "Did-chu know? The average human body has one hundred twenty-five thousand to one hundred forty-four thousand consumable calories?"

You grinned, fascinated with the fact, but also because he reminded you of someone. "No, I didn't! That's a lot of calories...damn..." You paused for a second and gasped with a smile. "Oh! Did you know? That eating the human brain can lead to a disease similar to mad cow disease? A friend told me that once! But, I'm sure you already knew that."

The Red Demon didn't reply again and stared at you. He was confused when you said that 'friend' part. 

"By the way, has anyone ever told you that your voice is very attractive?" you complimented. You were always a sucker for men with deep voices.