Headcanon 6: Bob, a Family Man

A/N:
This was a request made on AO3! You could do the same by leaving a comment and request a Headcanon I should do next!
(。>﹏<。)

-----

How Bob would be as a dad?

I think Bob would try to be a good dad. He's not perfect, not in the very least, but he tries. He really does and he makes progress. 

I think he probably was abused as a child. This went on throughout his childhood and into his young adult years.

He was abused, at least, more on the emotional abuse and verbal abuse side rather than dealing with physical abuse. 

Bob doesn't want to be like his parents. He wants to be better than them in every way. Even though it's hard. It's hard because it's something that he has dealt with for years. And those habits and actions that he picked up from his parent's don't just disappear. It takes months and maybe even years. 

He works on it though. With the help of his partner. He tells his child(ren) he loves them. And he shows them too, he knows actions speak louder than words. It's something that Bob wished his parents would have done for him. So, instead, he fulfills that wish by becoming the parent he wanted as a child. 

How Bob was before becoming a dad?

Before being a dad, he didn't really worry about making an influence on others. He didn't care what others thought about him, excluding his partner of course. 

Bob killed anyone he wanted whenever he got that craving and moved on with his life.

Plus, he didn't have to hide anything once he got home. He just hangs up his tool belt up in the open or plop it on the ground. 

How Bob was after becoming a dad? 

After Bob becomes a father, he's more weary about how he presents himself in front of his kid(s). He wants to be a good influence on them and he doesn't want his child(ren) to be scared of him. He is a big man and he has a horrible habit of smiling widely, and not in a friendly way. 

Bob also has to be extra careful to not just attack anyone either. Especially on Halloween.

He doesn't want to accidentally kill his child(ren)'s best friend(s) or anyone that they're particularly attached to. He doesn't want to be the cause of their heartache. He doesn't want to to hurt his kid(s) whether that's emotionally, mentally, and physically. 

He would also have to clean up after himself after every kill he makes before coming home. Making sure to wash off all the blood off, changing clothes, taking off the demon mask and gloves. Everything. He hides all his stuff in a locked box. His kid(s) doesn't need to know what he does in his free time and he doesn't intend on telling them anything. Although, it maybe more difficult as they get a little older. When the time comes, Bob and his partner may flee the state or the country if they wanted to. 

Although, because of his kid(s), he doesn't go out and kill as often as he used to do. He would only go when the cravings get bad. 

Would he try to eat them (his family)?

Personally, just like dogs, he has a very special soft spot for his family in his heart.