~Time~

After I gave Legend a severe talking to about his language, I needed some time to myself, just to think. Hyrule's food, as usual, was inedible, so I gave my bowl to Pup, ignoring my protege's best look of betrayal. Seeing as, after stomaching the traveller's attempt at food, everyone seemed ready to fall asleep on the ground, I took first watch. I looked on fondly as my boys made themselves comfortable. Wind snuggled into Wars' side, Legend was forced down by Hyrule, Four tripped over the Veteran's outstretched hand and Sky passed out. My pup sat with me on watch for a while, before slipping away into the woods. I seated myself by the fire and kept an eye out for any movement. This Hyrule was fairly peaceful, so minutes slipped away like the Zora River, and every small noise startled me. I kept straining my ears as I was sure I heard an animal whimpering, and it appeared like I wasn't hallucinating. Our newest recruit sat up from his place at the centre of the cuddle pile, looked around and crept out of the firelight's range. I don't think he thought I saw him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a while the whimpering turned into broken sobbing, and I began to get worried. My protege wasn't here, Wind had run off, and I wanted to make sure they were both alright. I followed the sound of the crying, and what I saw had my battered heart leaping out of my chest into the Death Mountain crater. Twilight was curled up on the ground, shaking and screaming for 'Midna' not to leave him. I wanted to help, but it looked like Wind had it covered. He gently separated Twi's arms, crawled into them, and Twi wrapped himself around the little Hero of Winds, and calmed down immeasurably in just a few minutes. Satisfied that they were alright, I headed back to camp to wake Hyrule for his watch, and I laid down next to Sky and went to sleep. That decision turned out to be a massive mistake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I woke up, Legend was packing up camp, and Wind was running around, getting in the way. Hyrule dragged himself up, only to immediately be pulled out of his bedroll by an overenthusiastic Sailor. Four was making something over the fire that, by his standards, actually looked edible, and Wars was trying to control the situation. Twi was sat by the fire with his head in his hands, looking dejected. I tried to push myself up, but I couldn't. My arms were pinned by my sides by some kind of binds. I struggled for a moment more, before giving up. Had I been paralysed in my sleep? Then I remembered who I was sleeping next to. Sky had a rather unfortunate habit of latching on to whoever slept next to him. And, Holy Hylia, his grip was really strong.  I was stuck. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wind, evading Wars' desperate attempts at trying to keep him calm, sprinted up to me, and burst out laughing. "Uh, Masks, you okay there? Need a hand?" I nodded, and he called for help. Everyone minus Twi responded to his call, and I saw a collection of heads peering down at me. "Okay, well this is a situation I never thought I'd see. The great Hero of Time, held down by a sleepy sky child!" Legend snorted, while tugging at Sky's sailcloth in a futile effort to free me. Hyrule tried shaking him, Wars kicked him in the leg, and Four did nothing, as he was so small that anything he did would be ineffective. Eventually, Wind whispered in the veteran's ear, and the two of them ran off, and returned with handfuls of freezing sea water. I could only watch as they dumped it on Sky's face. The Chosen Hero sat up, spluttering, and Wars gave me a hand up. I was freed, but, it seems, at a loss of reputation. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Twi still had not moved when it came time to move on; he was just staring at the ground with sightless eyes. He seemed to be lost in thought, and I didn't want to interrupt him, but I didn't have any choice. We couldn't leave him behind, but we needed to get moving, lest Dark Link find us again. Almost as if he were summoned, a shape rose from Pup's shadow, red eyes burning with unnatural light. I drew my sword and cried a warning to everyone. "Dark Link!" They all span around, weapons drawn, and rushed to my side. "C'mon, rancher! Get up!" Hyrule coaxed, and my heart fell when my protege didn't move.  He just sat there as Dark Link hissed at him, baring transparent fangs, and showed no signs of hearing him. "So, she haunts you, Divine Beast? Let the old wounds hurt, for I care not." He turned to face us, ethereal body merging into that of a black lizalfos "You will meet another, but his presence will matter not. He is worthless and broken, you do not need him. You may draw your swords on me, heroes, but no matter. It has started, and I intend to for him to end it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone! Two chapters in one day, wow! I don't know how I've been able to complete it, but I needed to give you this. Ah, I love torturing the Links with the Shadow, it's so fun! In case you're wondering, yes, one more chapter till Wild Child joins the scene, and, yes, Twi is fine. Or, at least, he is for now... Thank you so much for reading this thing, it means so much to me! Thank you for reading, see you in the next one!

~G0ddessSw0rdF1