Ch. 5: Aizawa's Plan

-----Shinobu's POV----

"UP AND AT EM, NOBU-CHAN!!!!" I awoke to the sound of my loud cousin yelling without his quirk to wake me up. Groaning quietly, I rolled onto my stomach, ignoring the pain from my wound from yesterday, and hugged my pillow. Even without using his quirk, Zashi has always been ridiculously loud.

Suddenly, there was a weight on my bed as the blonde voice hero jumped on my bed. Sighing, I rolled over and sat up, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. Last night had been full of nightmares about the men that attacked me. I didn't want to tell anyone though because I felt like a failure of hero for letting it get as far as it did. I'm a Pro Hero damnit! I should've been able to handle a handful or so of thugs with no problem.

"COME ON, NOBU-CHAN!!! SHOUTA IS ALREADY OUTSIDE WAITING ON US!!! WE'RE LATE!!!!" Zashi-nii yelled excitedly, causing my head, which was already pounding from overusing my quirk the day before, to feel like it was going to burst from the pain. The pain was so great that I let out an involuntary whimper and reached out blindly to my nightstand trying to grab my migraine pills.

"Hey, moron. You're too damn loud," a bored tone stated, and I felt my face heat up at the voice as the pill bottle ended up in my hand, "I'm guessing you were looking for those." Nodding in thanks, I opened the bottle without opening my eyes and took two large pills dry and leaned back to try and relax a bit until the medicine kicked in.

"Oh man! I'm so sorry, Nobu! I didn't even think about the fact that you overused your quirk yesterday... Are the migraines still as severe as when we were kids?" Hizashi asked, his voice significantly quieter, but very concerned.

"Worse," I croaked quietly without moving any other part of my body. The pain in my head was so bad it was making me nauseous. I took some deep breaths, in through my nose out through my mouth, to try and focus on literally anything else. Less than 2 minutes until the meds kicked in. My hands were clenching my blanket into fists trying to fight off the pain. It was always the worst after I slept following the overuse of my quirk. It was bad if I didn't sleep, but when I did finally sleep, it got almost unbearable.

A warm hand covered mine and rubbed comforting circles on the back of my hand, and I let out a small sigh of relief as that and the medicines began to kick in. Not wanting to rush things and make my migraine come back, I allowed my vibrant green eyes to flutter open slowly, seeing a concerned Hizashi next to me and a slightly less bored looking Aizawa leaning on my door frame. Hizashi picked up the hand he had been rubbing and held it in both of his hands, concern etched across his face.

"They've gotten worse?" he asked, his voice uncharacteristically quiet, a deep frown etched onto his normally carefree features. I nodded, but gave him a small smile.

"It's okay though, Zashi-nii. I can also go a lot further with my quirk before the drawbacks happen. Yesterday was just... rough..." I tried to encourage, too tired to sign at the moment, my voice fading a bit at the last sentence, before I forced the smile back to my face, "I handled it though. I even used my voice quirk." I knew the last bit would cheer him up, and he gave me an excited, but wry smile.

"That's great! If you ever want to train it, let me know! I always have time for my number one listener!" he exclaimed, giving me the dorky finger guns he likes to do, his cheesy smile back on his face.

"Shinobu, are you feeling okay to get up now?" Aizawa's bored voice rang out, bringing our attention to him as I nodded.

"Yes. Sorry for making you wait, Sh-Shouta," I said quietly, stuttering over using his first name for the first time, feeling my face heat up a bit, "If you both can give me 10 minutes, I can be ready to go." They both nodded before going out of my room, Hizashi-nii sparing one more concerned glance before shutting my door behind him.