5.

indigo's pov

i was fucking lost with a kitten in my arms in one of the biggest cities in the states.

i couldn't find my way back to the hospital.

i ended up running across a small servo and quickly ran inside to see if anyone could give me directions.

"hey! i'm lost, i just arrived from australia and i can't make my way back to the hospital." i spoke softly.

"hospital? i work there, i can take you back if you want?" a man in scrubs spoke from behind me.

"i don't know you. for all i know, you could be a kidnapper." i sighed.

"well, i'm not. i just walked from the hospital. it's not far from here. you could follow me back if you want?" the man replied.

i nodded stiffly with midnight cuddled in my arms.

i followed the man all the way back to the hospital where i ran into luke.

"i was just about to drive off and look for you." luke spoke slightly relieved that i made my way back.

"woah, you guys know each other mate?" the mystery man spoke.

"yeah, she's my daughter." luke chuckled.

the man turned to me and smiled, "aw i thought you looked familiar. my names michael clifford. i'm roommate with your dad."

"he's not my dad." i spoke firmly. "where's mom?" i asked.

"where she was last time, you still can't bring the cat in love." luke spoke softly.

"don't call me that and okay then, can you go ask my mom for a bit of money so i can grab a hotel for the night?" i asked.

"absolutely not, we have an extra room. any daughter of barbra's is welcome here." michael smiled brightly.

"i already told luke that i'm not going to stay at your house. fine then, i'll just sit here all night. bye." i muttered as i sat down on the bench in front of the hospital.

luke's pov

i walked into barbra's room to let her know i found indigo just to see her sleeping.

she was beauitful. i don't know how i could have ever lost feelings for someone like her.

i sat down beside her bed and gently poked her arm.

"what?" she whined as she turned over.

"i found her, but she refuses to go home with me. she can't have a cat in here though. so i think you might need to find her a hotel." i spoke awkwardly.

barbra shifted in the bed slowly to sit up and face me.

"i can't afford for her to stay in a hotel luke. i spent all of my money to come here and get treatment." she spoke slowly.

"i can- "no please don't. i have heart failure luke. there's not much anyone can do but wait and see if i can get a transplant. i need her to have a support system in case i don't make it." barbra interrupted firmly.

"i tried. i really did, she doesn't want to know me and i don't blame her. i'm not meant to be a father." i replied softly.

"so? she's your daughter luke. she needs a father whether she shows it or not. i refuse to leave this earth without helping mend your relationship with your daughter." barbra spoke.

"what do i do then? she doesn't want to go home with me." i groaned as i laid back in the chair.

"sometimes we have to do things we don't want to do." she shrugged as she laid back down. "now go, i'm trying to sleep."

i chuckled before leaving the room slowly.

indigo's pov

i sat on the bench half asleep in the cold with midnight cuddled against my chest.

"fuck it's going to be a cold night isn't it love." i sighed as i stared down at the kitten in my arms.

"get up." i heard a voice speak from behind me.

i turned around to see luke, ashton, michael, and the man i said, "no shit sherlock" to all standing there ready to leave the hospital.

"i al- "yes i know, but your a minor and your mom said i could take you back to our place." luke interrupted firmly.

"hell no. leave me alone. i don't want to." i replied as i turned away from him.

"have it your way." i heard him mutter before i was picked up bridle style.

"what the fuck. put me down luke!" i yelled as i glared at him.

"language." he replied simply as he carried me to his car.

"this is kidnapping, i'll call the police." i spit out as he placed me down by the car.

"don't be ridiculous." the only man i didn't know spoke as he gave me a slight glare.

"oh my gosh, you're the dude i said no shit sherlock to aren't you?" i spoke as i glared back at him.

"yep. my names calum, now get your ass in the car." he spoke firmly.

"no." i replied as i began to walk back towards the hospital.

i felt two pairs of hands grab either of my arms and turn me around.

"you're so difficult." ashton spoke.

"i wonder why?" i spoke sarcastically.

"just like your mother."