9.

i laid in his bed crying my eyes out as he and ashton ran around trying to gather all of the medicine to try and help the pain.

"on a scale of one- "fucking ten!" i sobbed as i grabbed my stomach.

luke nodded and ran out out to go wake calum up.

calum came rushing in with a sedative.

"i'm just going to give it to you so you sleep it off." calum whispered as ashton wiped my sweaty forehead.

i slowly felt the sedative kick into place and closed my eyes.

luke's pov

"i feel so bad for her." ashton sighed as he stepped back.

"i think we all do. i'll stay with her. thanks for the help." i smiled softly as i sat down next to her on the bed.

i looked down at my daughter sleeping peacefully on my bed. why did i ever leave?

indigo's pov

i woke up the next morning to luke next to me sleeping. i slowly stood up and sighed, the pain was finally gone.

i walked into the bathroom and did my business before changing into a tight long sleeved shirt and leggings.

i walked downstairs and saw ashton sitting there.

"are you the only one up?" i asked.

"yep, it's all of our day off, but they all choose to sleep in." he replied as he set his phone down.

"i feel better. no more pain." i mumbled as i sat across from him.

"that's good." he smiled softly. "could i ask you something?"

i nodded slowly.

"why do you hate luke so much?" ashton asked.

i stared at him blankly before responding, "you knew my mom before he left and after she got over him leaving. you didn't know her when he left."

"she was broken. she cried every single day. she wouldn't even get up some days, until she got sick. then she decided she was going to pick herself back up. i experienced her pain first hand, that's why i hate him. he hurt her so bad." i finished as i looked down at my hands.

"i see. i understand." ashton replied shortly.

"he seems like a nice guy. i just don't want that type of relationship with him. yeah, he hurt my mom, but he also hurt me. i had to grow up without a father figure and that was hard as hell." i shrugged as i began to play with my fingers.

"yeah, i totally understand. he's trying though." ashton pointed out.

"i know. he can try all he wants, but it's hard to make up for being absent." i replied firmly.

ashton nodded before standing up.

"want to go see your mom? i can drop you off now and pick you up later seeing that none of the others are going to be up anytime soon." he chuckled.

i nodded and jumped out of the chair before getting in the car to go visit mom.

ashton dropped me off in front and told me to text him when i wanted to be picked up.

i walked inside and up to my mom's room to see her sitting there with tears in her eyes.

"mom? are you okay?" i asked softly.

"i'm not getting better baby. i just went through a scan with another doctor and he told me that i should lower my expectations of recovery." mom spoke with tears running down her cheeks.

"who the fuck said that." i spoke slightly annoyed that someone would be so pessimistic.

"he's right outside, but don't do anything baby. just let it go. he was just being honest." mom replied.

i stormed out of the room with mom shouting for me to come back.

"who the fuck do you think you are?" i asked as i marched up to an older gentleman with black hair.

"i don't know who are you?" the man asked

"i'm barbra's daughter. what the hell were you thinking telling her to lower her expectations!" i yelled as i glared at him.

"i can see you're upset and i can understand w- "like hell you can! you don't tell a patient that! she's crying now and probably feels like shit because of you." i spit out as i walked closer.

"sweetie you need to calm down." a nurse spoke as she tried to grab my arm, but i quickly swatted her away.

"go apologize." i spoke.

"no. i'm not going to apologize for saying the truth. im sorry your fucking feelings got hurt though." the doctor spoke with a tiny smirk.

the next few moments were flash.

all i can tell you is i was being held back and he was on the floor holding his jaw.

i punched him, but he deserved it. he made mom cry.