28. Reputation

Taelon had a bag packed he didnt know how long he would be gone. Moons and moons or pick one and be done. He flopped down on the bed when his door opened and closed her heard Nyras footsteps.

''You are leaving tomorrow," nyra remarked as she got up on his bed.

''I am.'' Taelon agreed.

"I dont want you to.'' She reminded him. ''I want you to stay and- and-" she let out a shaky breath as he hugged her.

''I would stay if I could Nyra.'' He whispered.

''When you come back you will be engaged.''

''That is usually how tours work. Yes.'' Taelon agreed.  Nyra stared back at him a moment longer before pulling at her dress and throwing it to the floor. "Nyra-"

"Love me.'' She begged. ''Kiss me. Touch me. Love me now before I never get the chance.'' She pleaded.

''Nyra men are going to be throwing themselves at you. I'm not the only one.''

''You are though!'' She corrected ''you are the only one I want. Please.'' She begged and he could feel her racing heart as she collided her chest with his. ''Please Taelon. I want you.'' His hands ran along her ribs he watched her chest rise and fall with every desperate breath. ''Taelon,'' she whispered her nose brushed against his as she trailed her fingers along his jaw.

''Taelon..." her eyes met his as he kissed her. The kind of kiss that was all consuming tongues dueling lips being drawn into each other. Her hands wrapped into his hair keeping his lips on hers. His hands snaked around pulling her hips into him.

She slid a hand down his chest and felt the groves of his muscles under her. Her lips never left his as she tried to pull at his shorts. But his grip tightened trapping her hand between them. She opened her eyes as he pulled back just slightly.

''I told you gorgeous.'' Taelon reminded her. ''I cant ruin your reputation.''

''I don't give a damn about my reputation.'' Nyra countered. ''I want you. All of you.'' Giving his pants a tug. ''Do you not want me?''

'I think its clear that I do.'' Taelon countered. ''But its different for women.''

''Then marry me.''

''Father wants a union with another house. I already asked him if I could wed you... He said no." Taelon relayed. Nyra's heart plummeted. Father said no. No to marrying Taelon. ''I love you Nyra. Thats never going to change.''

+

It had been moons since Rhae brought a little boy into the world. He was big already.

Growing stronger and stronger. She couldnt help but think if roles were reversed that she would want to know. But as the moons passed and Taelon made his way along the royal tour to find a bride she felt envious. 

She wanted to know Taelon, to touch him again to see if he wanted to know his son, so see if there was something, a spark between them still. 

He was in dorne when Rhae got the courage to write him. She didn't know if he would get the raven or care so she didnt say I had a baby and it's yours. She wanted to see if seeing her would be enough for him. She wanted to know the kind of man Taelon Targaryen was. 

She heard he was kind, strong, a warrior, she heard that he was bored on tour and wanted to go home. She wondered if someone else had caught his eye at the capital. She wondered if what she was doing and hoping was stupid and foolish. She wanted Taelon. She knew that most of westeros probably wanted Taelon. 

She looked to their son, their baby boy. He scrunched his face up at her laughing out as she picked him up. 

"Lets see if your daddy wants his reputation ruined by little old me." Rhae mused kissing his forehead.