49. Good Riddance

"We dont fit." Taelon corrected Viserys forced a smile.

'Well, isn't this splendid. The whole of our family off to celebration and adventure in the Kings wood.' Viserys declared.

"Not the word I would use." Taelon corrected adjusting in his seat before putting Rhae on his thigh arms wrapped around her hips as she leaned back into him.

"Just like riding." Rhae offered kissing him again.

"Two other rides are more enjoyable." Taelon countered. "Dragons and..."

"And." Rhae agreed kissing along his jaw. Alicent stared back at Rhae with envy, to have a handsome husband that loved her completely. But Alicent supposed that Rhae had been married nine long years to Daemon and that was a union on paper more than anything else. 

'Should you be traveling in such condition?' Rhaenyra questioned through tight lips.

'The maester said that being out in nature would do me well.' Alicent said but in truth she didn't like the journey it made her feel uneasy, Taelon and Rhae made Alicent love sick on top of it.

'Well, you will be with your own child sooner than late, and make me a proud grand sire like Taelon.' Viserys said happily but Rhaenyra had no interest in men that wasnt Taelon. Rhaenyra knew it was ridiculous, Rhae was great. Rhaenyra hated that Rhae was great. If she was a monster like Alicent then at least Rhaenyra could hope that one day her and Taelon would be an option but Rhae was great. It was annoying how wonderful Rhae was. But despite Rhaenyra's attempts at hating Rhae, she would even call Rhae a friend.

'It's not so bad. The days are long, but Aegon came quickly and without fuss.' Alicent remarked but Rhaenyra held nothing but bitter resentment for her once friend.

"Thorin was a pain in the ass to get out." Rhae countered and Taelon chuckled holding her closer. "But now hes great." Rhae assured reaching out to Thorin to touch his cheek.

"I'm going to stick with Rhae's memory of childbirth, it sounds more realistic." Rhaenyra offered. 

'You should ride out with me and Taelon today. Join in the chase.' Viserys offered hopefully. 

"And Rhae." Taelon added. "Thorin too maybe." 

'I'd rather not. The boars squeal like children when they're being slaughtered. I find it discomforting'. Rhaenyra said looking out the window.

'It's a hunt, Rhaenyra.' Viserys reminded her trying to keep a smile on his face as Aegon babbled happily. Thorin pulled at his bowtie until it came undone and whipped it around over his head like a lasso. 

 'How would you like to participate?' Viserys pondered.

'I'm not sure why I must.' Rhaenyra countered.

'Because you are my daughter... The Princess. And you have duties.' Viserys reminded her.

'As I am ceaselessly reminded.' Rhaenyra murmured softly.

"Here we go." Taelon mumbled. 

'I'm sorry?' Viserys questioned leaning towards her.

'As I am ceaselessly reminded.' Rhaenyra shouted back at him.

"Moody dragon 2.0 coming out." Taelon offered and Rhae hushed him. Nyra shot him a glare and Taelon raised his hands in surrender.

'You wouldn't need to be reminded if you ever attended to them.' Viserys reminded her.

'No one's here for me.' Rhaenyra told him bitterly. 

"Is it your name day moody dragon?" Taelon countered and Nyra stuck her tongue out at him. "No... no one is here for me or THorin but do you see Thorin complaining?"