68. Where is Taelon?

''It is with great pleasure that His Grace, King Viserys, announces the start of the royal wedding celebrations. House Lannister with their lord, Jason Lannister. Lord Paramount of the West, and Master of Casterly Rock. House High tower with their lord, Hobert High tower. Beacon of the South, Defender of the Citadel, the Voice of Old town...'' Harrold announced.

''Congratulations, Your Grace. You have made a fine match for the Princess.'' Jason said as he approached.

''Thank you, Lord Jason. I could think of no better man than Ser Laenor.'' Viserys said with a chuckle.

'Well... if this is only the welcome feast, I admit, I cannot imagine what you might have planned for the wedding.'

''Well, I wanted this to be a wedding for the histories.'' Viserys reminded him.

''Where is the Queen? I had hoped to pay my respects.'' Jason offered looking down the table.

''I understand the Queen is still readying herself for the celebrations." Viserys informed him.

"This is why men wage war... because women would never be ready for the battle in time.'' Jason remarked with a chuckle

''Your presence is always such a pleasure, Lord Jason.'' Rhaenyra remarked stiffly as she looked for Taelon but he was nowhere in sight. 

"I dont think we should be having a wedding, we should be looking for Taelon." Nyra begged. 

"He wasnt at Runestone. It seems he doesnt want to be found." Viserys countered. 

"We should not be celebrating. Taelon needs us." Nyra declared. "He lost his wife. You should know how difficult that it." Nyra begged. "There is nothing to celebrate. Taelon needs his family... his boys needs their mother." Viserys sighed as he  looked to her.  She was right, but Taelon was no where to be found. 

''Your Grace, Princess Rhaenyra, congratulations are in order.'' Gerold remarked coming up to them.

''We are very honored to have you as a guest, Ser Gerold.'' Viserys agreed ''I must say, I was most distressed to hear of the Lady Rhea's tragic passing. I'm very sorry for your loss.''

"Are TAelon and the boys with you?" Nyra questioned impatiently as she rose from her seat looking over people's heads. 

''No... they are not." Gerold remarked and Nyra sat back down with a sigh. "Lady Rhea was a unique character. Her kind... is not soon to be seen again.'' Gerold told him. "But her legacy lives on through her boys." 

"Are they okay?" Nyra questioned. 

"Gave her a proper Targaryen funeral." Gerold remarked. "It was beautiful but then they took off. I dont know where. I'm sorry. I wish I did." Nyra nodded teeth chattering. She couldnt help Taelon if she didnt know where he was. 

''If there is anything the crown might do to aid House Royce...'' Viserys offered.

"She was a Targaryen. I never saw her soo happy to be Targaryen." Gerold remarked. "Your boy loved her right." 

''Lord Corlys of House Velaryon. Lord of the Tides, Master of Driftmark. And his lady wife, Princess Rhaenys Targaryen. And their son and heir, Ser Laenor Velaryon.'' Ser Harrold announced as the drums beat.

''My Betrothed. My Betrothed.'' Laenor said happily but his smile dropped when he saw Nyra's deep set frown. 

+

"Taelon!" Alicent declared. "Are you alright?  Of course you're not." Alicent corrected as Thorin ran up to her. "I'm so sorry Taelon... what happened?"