Chapter 1 - New Beginnings

Two Years after operations in Verdansk were terminated and was lost to AQ forces.

Two members of Phoenix Company moved up a beach and moved for a small road with a few surrounding houses. One of them being Bilak Yenrof, a soldier rather familiar with what happened in Verdansk and served for most of the engagement before being transferred to operations in Rebirth Island. He was the Leader of Phoenix Company and Nova Squad, which was one of the best units of the group consisting entirely of people he was close with and could trust.

As they reached the top of the hill to overlook the road, they saw multiple patrols of AQ forces going through the road and protecting the houses. Bilak was holding a Sakin MG38 in his hands with Nova 2 holding a TAQ 56 aiming at the road ready to ambush the AQ in the area and search the houses for any intel on what happened in the area and throughout AL Mazrah. There were many suspicions on what exactly took place in AL Mazrah, from the constantly changing nuclear conditions in the area, to the AQ presence throughout the whole region.

"Get your gun up and aim for the road when the time is right open fire on them and move for the house."
Bilak had said to his partner for this operation AKA Nova Two. After a short amount of time the two fired on the patrols and with 7.62 NATO in addition to 5.56 NATO snapping against the concrete walls of the buildings, with several of the patrol being dropped without even knowing they were there. A firefight quickly ensued between the two groups. The soldiers weren't getting hit due to the element of surprise and the fact they had much better cover on the hill. The gunfight quickly stopped after defeating the AQ in the area.

Bilak & Nova Two moved across the street, going into the house directly in front of them in order to clear it of any remaining resistance and any relevant intel. After a little bit of searching Bilak retrieved a RPG-7 off of one of dead AQ since resources for even him were quite limited when committing to operations in the region. After the loss of Verdansk, Phoenix Company lost alot of funding due to the large and costly operations in Verdansk. This time around smaller more covert operations were needed if there was any chance of retaking the region.

As they were searching the house they didn't find much other than a busted open safe. after searching the inside of the safe for its contents; they found a set of classified documents and stored them in the backpack of their kits. they saw a armored car rolling down the street with sheet metal welded on all over in a mismatched fashion to make makeshift armor for the vehicle. Bilak and Nova Two still having the advantage of not being exposed fired on the vehicle with the men jumping out of the back of the vehicle being killed instantly. The car would attempt to reverse and the AQ in the vehicle being taken out shortly afterward with the coming to a complete stop in the middle of the road.

Nova Two found a functioning vehicle in the area and drove it up to the building while Bilak searched one last time for anything useful before they left the area. He left the building, got in the vehicle and they drove off not knowing what lies ahead of them in AL Mazrah.