Chapter 7 - The First Day on The Prison Island

Shane would wake up just before sunrise and take some time to take in what had happened over the past couple of hours.
Was it all real? Was he really the last member of his squad left on the island?

All questions he couldn't think of much more until later. He thought to himself what the plan was going to be moving forward. He looked out the window of his floor for somewhere to setup a temporary base and on a small area of land not to far from his building was a very old seemingly abandoned castle like structure with a past that is long forgotten by now. It was much easier to him to fortify the castle rather than finding the materials to build a base from scratch on a nearby island.

If he was going to leave for the castle then he needed to find a new main weapon to replace the rifle that was lost in the crash. Shane decided to check the rest of the building for anything useful. All he could find in the apartments was cans of food and medical supplies which he stored in his backpack.

After searching the apartments, he left and found a small broken down building next to it so he pulled out his pistol and cleared the building before checking for anything useful. He would find a seemingly old and beat up AKM with a kobra sight with a few magazines lying around in the building. After a bit more digging around he found one full box of 7.62x39 rounds in the building. Shortly afterwards, he would leave the building with no stopping anywhere along the way until he reached the castle.

He would slowly move up the small and steep stairways in the castle as he kept the AK pointed towards the opening as he moved up. With each room he moved into, he would find nobody, just nothing but small wooden crates that had nothing of value or nothing in them at all. He would empty the wooden crates and start to put things in the crates like the canned food he had found earlier or boxes of ammo for things he will find later or just can't carry with him. He was still going to continue his mission but before he could leave he would need to figure out a way to contact Command for a way to pick up the supplies and then him later on.

Shane knew that he lost his radio in the crash but he wanted to check what had happened at the crash site and see if he could recover a radio from it. As he got his AKM and medical supplies ready checking around for anyone running up to the building.

He would leave the building and sprint along the side of the rocky hill till he would reach the crash site. He would see the metal blackened metal from the burning fuel and the dead bodies around the helicopter as he moved closer and snapped his weapon towards any possible point to where hostiles would show up. When he reached the helicopter he saw the charred remains of the pilots that had died instantly in the crash with no gear to recover. Seeing broken electronics panels as the pilots heads were against the consoles in front of them. As he looked around the crash site, he would find a sealed tight metal box and dragged it towards the shed he hid near the previous night.

As he opened the box, he knew that it was a personal gift from Bilak himself knowing it was a thing he preferred. A note was in the box as he moved the cover that was in the box to see a personalized Scorpion Evo 3 with a red dot sight, a suppressor, several stick magazines and a single drum.

He would read the note.
"A gift for a long time and close member of my team. Keep this by your side and you will be safe. Stay safe out there Shane."
- General Bilak Yenrof of Phoenix Company

He would remove the weapon from the box and sort the magazines in his chest rig, putting the stick magazines in his plate carrier and the drum in his pack. He loaded the Scorpion with a stick magazine, racked the bolt and put the drum in his pack.

After a short amount of time assessing his gear, he would hear several people moving in the area and attempting to check the crash as the heard noise. Shane would pull out his knife, quickly and quietly taking out the person coming into the shed. He would pull him into the shed and put away his knife before moving outside with his Scorpion in hand moving to check the crash site.

He would see two people at the crash site checking the bodies of his squad. Shane would move forward a bit before firing two quick bursts into the two guys at the crash, dropping them quickly and tapping them in the head with a bullet each for good measure. He would sprint back to base after checking their gear and found a small portable radio. He wasn't sure the range of it but he needed to check once he got to base.

He was happy to live to fight another day.