Chapter 5 - The Path Ahead

"The intel was a dead end. We need another plan for our next mission." Bilak explained.

"I might have something. Remember when we got the news from Laswel about Shadow Company abandoning their posts?" Spector asked as he was pulling up the information he had.

"Yes but what does that have to do with what's going on right now? I thought all of Shadow Company left AL Mazrah after Graves was killed." Bilak asked as he was a bit curious.

"Well we have been getting small reports of Shadow Company moving to a chemical weapons facility with a well known operator from our days back in Verdansk. His name is Vellikan, wears a mask, says no words and served along side another former Shadow Company operator known as Roze. Our mission would be to recover a card to get into the building. After that we leave AL Mazrah, we return to base and get our kit for the facility raid. Next we will leave for the facility and eliminate everyone in sight before moving for the interior of the facility. Be advised that based on our intel, there will be heavy resistance. We do not and will not know how many are on the inside until we are inside so stay close. If you can't catch up or get captured, we will leave you behind and no one will come back for you. We do not have the firepower to get into the facility on a massive scale because we would risk any sort of chemical weapons leaking out." Spector explained the intel and the mission.

"So what do we do once inside?" Nova Two asked.

"Once inside, look for and eliminate Vellikan after eliminating him, check him for any important intel and move to elimate the chemical weapons. We cannot allow any chemical weapons to fall into the possession of anyone. After that you are to move for an elevator to the roof and we will pick you up. Just mark the area with a flare." Spector answered as the team looked through the intel.

"What about Orion Squad? Aren't they going to help us with this mission? It is kind of their thing." One of the squad members asked.

"A good thought but unfortunately I have already sent them on a supply recovery mission a few hours ago but we have heard nothing back from them. But we don't have time to worry about them and even if we knew something was wrong we couldn't help them due to the urgency of this mission. Alright we know the mission details now get prepped and ready to go. We leave in a hour." Bilak responded.

As they got prepared for the difficult operation ahead, Orion Squad had a very difficult path ahead on their mission. Both squads not knowing what lies ahead for them.

(And that was chapter 5, i really enjoy making these chapters and I hope you enjoy reading them. Well see you in the next chapter.)