Prom proposal

November 28, Friday

Last week, Mr. Sal had announced to the school that there will be a winter prom next month and everyone was happy. Even me, I was happy that I would be able to hang out with my friends and boyfriend on an amazing night.

We were all in the cafeteria, eating and talking about the prom.

"We have to go dress shopping this weekend" Sarah says excitedly

"Do I have to wear a dress? I would rather like to go in a suit" Abby groans

"Fine you wear a suit and the rest of us will wear dresses" Sarah says

"I'm down to go shopping" I say

"Oh. My. God Emma turn around right now" Sarah quickly says and I turn around very confused to see what she's all in a rush for.

I turn to see my boyfriend in the middle of the cafeteria with a bouquet of flowers and a huge poster that says "How about we blow this school up and I take you to prom?

It was obviously inspired by Heathers and I'm surprised he's proposing to me for prom. I thought we were already going. I get up from my seat and run over to him. He opens his arms and I hug him tightly.

"YES YES I will go to prom with you!" I yell out

Out of the corner of my eye I see Lily looking at us and she looks upset for some reason. She rolls her eyes and walks out of the cafeteria.

What's her problem?...

James kisses me and the lips and that distracts me from my thoughts. I kiss him back and everyone is cheering for us.

He gives me the bouquet of flowers and we walk back over to our table. My friend group is cheering and clapping for me. I feel embarrassed by all their cheers and smile awkwardly.

"Okay now we definitely have to go dress shopping" Sarah says

X

I told my parents that I would be going with my friends to prom. I've been hiding my flowers and the prom poster that James gave me in the back of Abby's trunk.

It's now Saturday and me and the girls are dress shopping in the mall. We're at a store where all they sell are prom dresses and we look through the dresses to see what we like. Abby has already gotten her suit outfit so she helps us out with dresses

"Ooooo how about this one for me?" Sarah holds up a red dress and puts it up against herself

"It looks really nice, go try it on" Kimberly says and Sarah rushes over to the dressing rooms. A few minutes later she comes out wearing the dress.