Chapter 4: The Slaver

The transport stopped on the outskirts of the Colorado wastes before heading back towards the Mojave. The Courier began walking, his weapons at the ready as he walked into a town, the sand under his boots.

The locals all looked at him as he walked past them, they all seemed terrified, like he had some strange aura around him, he looked on the main street and saw it, a huge district walled off, he saw people in chains being taken into the district

The locals all looked at him as he walked past them, they all seemed terrified, like he had some strange aura around him, he looked on the main street and saw it, a huge district walled off, he saw people in chains being taken into the district. The Courier wanted to know more, so he followed common sense, ask a local.

He walked into the nearby Saloon and sat at the bar, pulling out a handful of caps.

"What can I get you?" the Bartender asked.

"Information, what's that district down the main street, the one that's walled off with people going in in chains?" Six asked as the Bartender looked at him.

"That's the commercial district." The Bartender said as Six looked at him.

"Plenty enough shops outside don't you think?" Six asked.

"It's not that kind of Commercial district. You go there to buy a slave, sell a slave, or be sold as a slave." The Barman said as Six nodded. "It's run by the Wasteland Trading Empire."

"How do I get in?" Six asked.

"Why you asking?"

"I'm looking for farm hands, if they're in no position to refuse, all the better." Six said coldly as the barman looked at him before speaking.

"You talk to the guy at the front gate, tell him you what your business is, they'll judge if you're worth their time." The Barman said as Six nodded.

"Thanks." The Courier said as he stood up and left without a word.

As he walked up the Main street he noticed people getting more and more antsy, their hands getting closer to their weapons, he noticed some already lining up shots on rooftops as he approached the gate.

"Halt, state your business!" A Raider said as Six looked at him.

"I'm here to buy slaves for my farm." Six said as he looked at the guards. "And I got 50,000 caps just itching to buy me someone."

"Come in, cause any trouble though, and you'll have 50, 000 holes in you, understand?" A guard said as Six nodded, the doors opened and Six stood there for a moment before walking in.