Chapter 10: The First of Many

As Y/N was unpacking what few belongings he had, he heard a knock at the door, he paused for a moment before grabbing his 1911 pistol, holding it behind his back as he walked towards the door, he unlocked the door and pressed the gun against the door, opening it slightly to see Piper standing there with a friendly look on her face.

"Can I come in?" Piper asked as six nodded to her, opening the door and taking the pistol away from the door, holstering it on his hip.

"What have you got?" Six asked as Piper paused for a moment, at least expecting to talk for a bit before getting to business. She composed herself before reaching into her pocket and pulling out a note.

"The Raiders have put a bounty out on you, they're bringing people in from every state they control, and every one of them is going to be looking to claim that 2 million cap reward, bounty hunters, mercs, even regular people, they're all going to be coming for you." Piper stated as Six nodded.

"2 million?" Six asked, like he was trying to confirm it.

"Yeah." Piper said as Six posted a blackboard up on the wall of his home and wrote the bounty on the board.

He had already made an evidence board with the faces and files from the NCR, they were formed in a pyramid, with "The Boss" being at the top. The Slaver that Y/N had already killed had a red X drawn over the photo, and their name crossed out on the list at the side of the board.

"You realise that from here on out, things are only going to get tougher?" Piper asked as Six moved his head slightly to look at her over his shoulder.

"Then the raiders best prepare for it." Y/N said as he turned completely to look at Piper. "... How's the kid doing?"

"Nat? She's fine, I asked her how she was this morning actually, said she felt safer with you in town. I think she likes you." Piper said. The Courier said nothing. "You alright there?"

"I'm fine." Six said stoically as Piper nodded.

"Look, there's someone I want you to meet, if anyone can help you track these people down, it's this guy." Piper said as she stood up from a small stool she had been sat on.

"Can they be trusted?"

"Yes." Piper answered without hesitation.

Six nodded and followed her outside, locking his house behind him. They walked through the darkened streets of Diamond City, Six kept his hand on his belt, ready to draw his pistol if needed. They turned and made their way into the back alleys of Diamond City, Piper was leading them towards a neon sign with a hart on that had an arrow through it. the Sign glowed in the dark night.

As they entered the building Piper looked around.

"Nick? Ellie? Anyone?" Piper called out as they heard footsteps rushing down a small set of stairs, and a voice from around the corner.

"Piper? What is it? it's 11 o'clock."

The source of the voice appeared, it was some sort of robot covered in white synthetic skin that had seen some wear and tear over the years clearly. It was wearing a faded trench coat over a suit and a fedora.

"Nick, do you have anything on the whereabouts of these people?" Piper asked as she handed him Y/N's list

"Piper, these are all part of the Raiders crew." Nick observed as he looked at her. "Don't go getting yourself in over your head."

"It's not for me Nick, it's for our friend here." Piper said as Nick looked to Y/N standing there wearing his Riot Gear.

"Can he be trusted?"

"Nick, this man saved Nat and travelled across the country with her and brought her home." Piper said as Nick looked to Y/N once more.

"Did he now? Huh." Nick said as he lit a cigarette before walking over to a small filing cabinet. "So, why exactly are you looking for these people?"

"I'm going to kill them." Six said bluntly as Nick paused chuckling.

"Look, I don't want to be the barer of bad news, but these people, they're not like your usual raider scum. They're heavily armed, they have top of the line power armour units in New York and Washington. I'm not going to try and tell you to stop, but I'm just saying, we're helping you, so it's more than just your life at risk." Nick said as Six looked at him.

"I'll deal with them." Six said as Nick handed him a file.

"There's one of them, Sean Flemming. Word is he's hanging out in a club he built for himself as an investment, Raiders only, apart from the slaves that work there. So you'll have a hell of a job getting in there." Nick said as Six looked at him.

"It won't matter how many there are." Six said as he looked at the file.

"The clubs location is only known to raiders, and any who give it's location away to civilians, end up dead." Nick said as Six put the file down.

"Don't worry, I'm good at persuading people." Six said before leaving, going to his home to gather some weapons...