Chapter 1: Happy Life

Y/N L/N, known to most as The Courier, had been doing some mercenary work for The Crimson Caravan Company, it was decent enough pay, and he needed the caps to pay for some spare parts for his Anti-material rifle. Right now, all he had to do was deliver a business offer to someone named Rose of Sharon Cassidy, considering it was his job to deliver things, this should have been a piece of cake...should have been.

As The Courier walked past the NCR statue at the the Mojave Outpost, he saw a few soldiers look at him and salute.

He was wearing his usual get up of the Elite Riot Gear and the Elite Riot Helmet, on his hip was the Ranger Sequoia revolver, and on his back was his Anti-Material Rifle.

"Six." Ranger Ghost acknowledged.

"Ghost." Y/N said calmly as he walked into the bar.

As he walked in he saw a woman with a leather jacket and a straw cowboy hat sitting at the bar downing a glass of Whisky.

"Two glasses of Whisky, for me and the lady over there." Y/N said as he walked over and took a seat next to the woman.

"Looking for trouble?" Cass asked aggressively.

"No, I'm just looking around."

"Well keep those eyes up and turning - or I'll set 'em spinning. Got no time for gawkers...or anyone looking for something I ain't selling." Cass snapped as Y/N looked at her.

"I'm surprised you can see me from that deep in the bottle." Y/N remarked as Cass looked at him with a smirk.

"Deep? Ain't deep by half. Closed down the bar yesterday, going to close it again today - rinse and repeat." Cass said as Y/N picked up on a hint of sadness in her voice.

"Are you all right?"

"All right? No, I'm not all right."

"Let me buy you a drink. I'm guessing you're drinking to forget." Y/N said as Cass looked at him. "Rose of Sharon Cassidy, I presume?"

"Who's asking?"

"Crimson Caravan sent me, they want to buy out your caravan." Y/N said as he pulled out the letter with the offer.

"They want to buy Cassidy Caravans? Don't they know it's burnt to ash? No. Even times being what they are, not sure I'm willing to sell, even for all the whisky in Reno."

"Wait, what happened to your Caravan?"

"Yeah, it was attacked by either the Legion or Fiends, there's nothing but ash now." Cass said as Y/N looked confused.

"Legion don't use laser weapons, at least not on caravans, and the fiends, well, they use energy weapons, but not often." Y/N said as Cass looked at him.

"Yeah, you're right, something is off about this."

"Look, the bartender looks like she could use a break, why don't you come with me? I'll help you look into this attack on your caravan." Y/N said as Cass looked at him.

The thought about it for a moment before holding her glass up, they clinked glasses and agreed.

2 Weeks Later:

The Second Battle of Hover Dam had been won by the NCR, the Legion sent packing, the strip annexed, Y/N had managed to convince Cass to take the official way of bringing down Crimson Caravan and the Van Graffs. Handing in the evidence he found to Ranger Jackson at the Mojave Outpost, with the Dam protected and the strip annexed, the results came, and Cass was pleased with herself for not letting Vengeance consume her, she was grateful to the Courier. They had grown close in the two weeks they had been travelling together, both exercising their own demons with Y/N making Benny work for him. House was dead, he was too much of a threat to the NCR, the rest of the factions had been persuaded by the couriers diplomatic efforts to work with the NCR. Long time enemies had become friends.

Colonel Moore even presented the Courier with the highest commendation in the NCR military. Word was that Moore had a major crush on the mysterious courier, hardly anyone had seen his face, Cass being among those few.

The Courier was now a legend of the Mojave, of Zion, of the Sierra Madre, of Big MT...of the Divide. He was a hero to the NCR. Most of all, he was Cass' closest friend in the Mojave...besides a bottle of whisky.

That night, after the battle, Cass kicked down the door to his room in the lucky 38 and found him in the middle of taking his armour off.

"Woah, Cass?! What the fuck? You know swat kicking the door down doesn't count as knocking right?" Y/N said as Cass threw her hat and jacket onto the coat rack without looking. "Cass?"

Cass threw her arms around the Courier and leaned in close, her hands running through his hair.

"Looking for trouble, Six?" Cass asked huskily as Y/N caught on to her game.

"No, just looking." Y/N quipped as he reached down and began undoing Cass's flannel shirt.

"Well, look all you want...hero." Cass said as she looked down at his trousers. "Cause I'm liking what I'm seein'."

The two of them got undressed and fell onto the bed together, both having a night they would remember for years to come.

6 Years Later:

The Courier had given up life in the Lucky 38, letting Moore use it however she saw fit, in return he was given a farm and ranch. 

He had been married to Cass for 5 years, getting married just a few weeks after finding that she was pregnant with his child. Now they lived happily on the ranch with their four year old son, Mitchell.

"I suppose we gotta get up huh?" Cass said as Y/N chuckled.

"Yeah." Y/N said as Cass smirked, she put on her signature jacket and hat before grabbing her shotgun and slinging it over her shoulder, meanwhile, Y/N got dressed into a blue button up shirt, pulled up his dark grey jeans and fastened his utility belt with a holstered hunting revolver on his hip, he had buried his riot gear and old weapons under the house, retiring from his old life and choosing to live normally with Cass and Mitchell.

" Y/N said as Cass smirked, she put on her signature jacket and hat before grabbing her shotgun and slinging it over her shoulder, meanwhile, Y/N got dressed into a blue button up shirt, pulled up his dark grey jeans and fastened his utility belt ...

He was living a happy life...