Chapter 7: The Stories

As Denson walked around his compound he smiled, remembering the sobs of Cass and her husband. His father was visiting today, apparently he wanted to congratulate him on something.

Word had also spread from Colorado of a lone gunman slaughtering dozens of armed soldiers and walking out of the slave district like it was nothing.

The Next day, Denson's father arrived on the compound, with his guards. He headed to their private bar and began pouring drinks for Jack and himself.

(Al Pacino as Michael 'Micky' Denson...)

"Drink?"  Michael offered as his son walked in

"Thanks." Jack said as he took the drink and gulped down the whisky.

"Nice jacket."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah." Michael said as he punched his son in the gut, causing him to coughed the drink back up. "Clean it up."

"What? What did I do?" Jack asked as he coughed.

"You fucked up, big time." Michael said softly, like there was no point getting angry, he knew there was no going back now.

"You mean the Slave District? We know where they're heading, we'll get them back." Jack said as Michael shook his head and picked his son up.

"I'm not talking about that, that's a result of your fuck up."

"Pushing into the Mojave? So I killed a farmers?!" Jack asked as Michael punched his son in the gut again before straightening his suit and pouring himself a glass of top shelf whisky, he let out a solemn breath.

"It's not what you did son that angers me so much, it's who you did it to." Michael said as his son was confused.

"Who, some fucking farmer?"

"That 'fucking farmer'...Is The Courier." Michael said as he gulped the whisky down in one. "He once was an associate of ours, before we became this, we call him...Il cupo mietitore."

"The Grim Reaper?"

"Well, Six wasn't exactly the Grim Reaper...he was the Grim fucking Reapers personal messenger." Michael explained.

"Oh."

"Six, is a man of pure focus...unrivalled commitment...sheer fucking will. Something you know fuck all about." Michael said as he walked up to Jack so he was face to face with his son. "I once saw him kill an entire room of Great Khans including their boss...with a clipboard...with a fuckin...clipboard."

"He hunted a man across the Mojave, walked into his hotel, and scared that man into working for him. He joined the NCR after being caught by the legion who tried to enslave him, the Legion lost every single battle he was involved in. And then suddenly, one day, he told the NCR he was leaving, retiring, it was over a woman obviously, so the NCR made a deal with him, they gave him an impossible task, a job, no one could have pulled off. The Bodies he buried that day...allowed the NCR to completely annex the strip. And then my son, you burn his house down and steal some of his families belongings, and you kill his wife and son."

"I can make this right!"

"Oh, how do you plan on that?" Michael asked as Jack looked at him.

"By finishing what I started-"

"What the -?! Did he just hear a fuckin word I said?!" Michael said as he turned to his bodyguards who also knew Six.

"Dad I can do this please!" Jack pleaded as Michael just hugged his son.

"Jack, Jack, Jack." Michael said. "The Courier will come for you, and you will do nothing, because you can do nothing, so get the fuck out of my sight!"

Jack left as Michael leaned against the bar and shook his head.

"I trusted he was capable enough to lead my empire, and he only goes and brings Deaths right hand looking to destroy it all. Fuck!" Michael said as he gulped a glass of whisky. "Johnny, send a messenger, I heard someone fitting Six's description arrived in Diamond City, send a messenger telling Six who Jack is, and that I want to talk about this, like civilized men. But don't attack him."

"Yes sir." Johnny said as he walked away to carry out the orders.

"Fucking leave me. I need a few minutes alone." Michael said as he sat at the bar and started pouring and drinking whisky...