Chapter 6: The Reporter

Piper and Nat hugged, with Piper smiling.

"How did you escape?" Piper asked as Nat turned and looked at Six.

"This is The Courier, he helped me escape and brought me back." Nat said as Piper walked up to The Courier.

"You brought her all the way here from Colorado?" Piper asked as Six nodded. "Why?"

"I need your help, hunting these men." Six said ignoring the question and handing Piper the wanted posters. "Help me kill them, and you can keep half of the rewards. When I rescued the kid she said that you could fight against the Raiders."

"So that's the only reason you helped her?"

"I was heading to the Commonwealth anyway to kill those people. I couldn't stand hearing the screams." Six said as Piper looked him over.

"Step into my office, I think we should talk." Piper said as she, Nat, and the Courier stepped into Pipers home. As soon as Nat walked in Piper drew her pistol and aimed at the Courier. "Who are you and what do you want with me really?"

"Piper! Wait! It's true, he wants to kill them, even the boss." Nat vouched for Six.

"The Raiders killed my wife and son, I'm going to kill them, with or without your help. Say the word and I'll leave." Six said as Piper looked at him and then Nat.

"You trust him Nat?"

"He trusted me enough to teach me to shoot and give me weapons." Nat said as Piper looked to Six.

"Take off the Helmet." Piper ordered as Six shook his head.

"Not gonna happen." Six said as Piper pulled back the hammer on her pistol. "This helmet is bulletproof. You shoot at me and that  bullet bounces off and could hit anything, You, Nat, the sofa, anything, I didn't travel across the country with her just for her sister to accidentally shoot her. Lower the gun."

Piper paused for a moment before lowering her gun.

"Thank you." Six said as Piper looked at him.

"Piper, trust him, and if not him, trust me. He's not one of them." Nat said as Piper nodded.

"Fine. I think we've got off on the wrong foot, why don't we start over again?" Piper said as Six nodded. "Piper Wright, Nat's sister, Investigative journalist for the Public Occurrences."

"The Courier, call me Six."

"Odd name." Piper said as Nat smirked.

"Only name I'm giving." Six said as Piper smirked. They shook hands.

"So, you're looking to kill the Wasteland Raider Empire higher ups. You think you can pull it off? Because if there's a chance you'll fail, I need to know because they'll come for her again."

"Help me, and I'll kill them all. Every. Single. One." Six said as Piper nodded.

"Good enough. All Right, come on, there's someone you should meet." Piper said as she led Six outside to the nearby bar where they found a man drinking at the bar.

" Piper said as she led Six outside to the nearby bar where they found a man drinking at the bar

"Preston, are you still in for that plan?" Piper asked as Preston turned to face them.

"Piper, there's no-one out there stupid enough to lead a rebellion against the raiders, and I'm not a leader." Preston groaned as he looked up from his drink. "Who's this?"

"I'm someone stupid enough to lead an open rebellion against the raiders." Six said coldly.

"Do yourself a favour man, go home, I don't know what Piper promised you, whether its caps of sex, or whatever, but it ain't worth wasting your life for it." Preston said as Piper frowned.

"Hey, what are you tryna say about me?" Piper said as Preston shrugged.

"The raiders are here to stay-"

"The raiders have expanded across the wasteland, all the way to the Colorado and are pressing into the Mojave. With more power, comes more pressure and paranoia. Soon they'll be rounding up anyone who ever thought about fighting them and killing them, and then everyone else it will be a war. So you've got a choice you Dartagnan cosplaying drunk. Do you want a war...or do you just wanna give me a gun?"

Piper smirked as she felt something about The Courier make her think that they were in with a chance of winning.

"Arturo! Get this man a gun!" Piper called out as the trader walked up to six and looked at him.

"Bullets for those weapons are uncommon in the common wealth, you'd be better keeping them in stow until we can find a way to start making ammo for them. I can set you up, consider this as going on Pipers tab." Arturo said as Piper nodded, Six agreed and handed a round from his rifle and his revolvers to Arturo to let him analyse the bullets.

"Let's have a look at these weapons." Six said as he followed Arturo to his shop where he had a secret room of weapons and attachments of all varieties.

"So, Courier, let me take you shopping." Arturo said with a smile, sensing something about the Courier, something that told him they would win...