004 | four

◌|<><><><><>| 💫 |<><><><><>|◌

who knows?

◌|<><><><><>| 💫 |<><><><><>|◌

It was a little after one a.m. and Jisung was sitting on his mattress, awake.

The chilly night breeze filled the room through the opened window, but he wasn't freezing.

He was just sitting there, listening to the leaves swaying in the wind, the quiet thunders from miles away and the small sounds he picked up from the street once in a while.

It was nice, peaceful somehow. 

The stars were hidden behind dark clouds, overall it wasn't a beautiful night, yet Jisung couldn't help but feel good. Great, even. 

His feelings contrasted the gloomy weather, and he did not have any explanation for it. He'd had a shitty morning, a shitty day in class, a shitty afternoon and a shitty evening. Just as everyday ever since he lived here.

But when he woke up around midnight, his heart felt light. He felt fuzzy, maybe he could even call it hopeful.

It was a mysterious sort of emotion, and if anyone asked him to describe it, he wouldn't have been able to. 

On one side, it felt light and promising, on the other side, it felt strange and unknown. Weird, yet amazing.

He slowly put away his warm blanket, the icy air hitting his legs harshly. It was refreshing somehow.

He made his way over to his window, resting his arms on the windowsill. The wind played with his hair and he stuck his head out to look at the street.

He could hear quiet music coming from the clubs and bars nearby, occasionally also people laughing.

A dog barked somewhere, the aggressive meow of a cat following. No second after that, the small animal dashed past the building. 

Then it was quiet for some minutes, leaving out the club music. A group of what seemed like college students a little older than him walked past, laughing loudly. One of the girls with them spotted him and waved to him enthusiastically, most definitely drunk.

Jisung nodded and smiled at her, hoping she could see the subtle movement in the darkness. Usually he would never do that, especially not in the middle of the night, where there could be murderers noting his location and kill him (yes, he was that paranoid), but tonight it was so... different.

He slept alright for once, despite waking up of course. But even though he did that, he felt so good.

When he buried himself in his blanket later that night, he was sure that something would change very soon.

Something, or maybe even someone, was coming his way to make everything better.

◌|<><><><><>| 💫 |<><><><><>|◌

434 words

huehuehue