006 | six

◌|<><><><><>| 💫 |<><><><><>|◌

that now our dreams
they've finally come true

◌|<><><><><>| 💫 |<><><><><>|◌

Jisung not being able to sleep was nothing he wasn't used to. It became a routine long ago.

So the way his eyes suddenly opened at two in the morning wasn't a surprise to him. He had just scoffed and buried himself deeper into his warm blanket. 

With the calming sound of wind coming through the opened window, he thought he would fall asleep again soon, but he was wrong.

Time passed like lightning and the next time he looked at the clock on his lockscreen, it was already four. He could've sworn it had only been ten minutes.

Sighing, he pushed himself off the mattress and scrambled to his feet. His legs led him to the window, and once again in his time of living here, he sat down in the chair and looked into the sky.

Tonight it was quite starry.

The luminous objects were spread all over the sky, lighting up the dark a little.

Jisung smiled at the sight. He really wanted to go stargazing with someone at least once in his lifetime. 

Celestial bodies as a whole intrigued him, but stars were by far his favourite. 

Not to forget shooting stars, one of which passing the sky quickly.

Jisung's smile grew, watching the streak of light wander through the dark.

When he was a child, he imagined stars to be people. The ones that were standing still were those that are watching their loved ones, their wide smiles causing the light they emitted. Shooting stars were people who wanted to get somebody's attention, like waving your hand within a crowd to get your friend to find you.

He used to think of it as deep, but as he got older he came to the conclusion that it was dumb. Now, he thought it was a nice thought. A little childish and weird maybe, but cute.

He slowly waved back as another shooting star appeared, getting a third one as a response. 

A hum from the street grabbed his attention.

A sweet melody sounded through the night, quiet but nice.

Jisung tried looking for who created this calming masterpiece, but he couldn't see anyone. But even after a minute of searching for a person in vain, he kept doing so.

It was something tugging on his heart that caused him to let his eyes wander around almost desperately. 

He went to college disappointed and tired that day. He had really wanted to see the one humming.

But maybe he just had to wait a little longer.

◌|<><><><><>| 💫 |<><><><><>|◌

419 words

hmmm.