xxx | epilogue

•<><><><><> 💫 <><><><><>

city of stars,
are you shining just for me?
city of stars,
you never shined so brightly.

•<><><><><> 💫 <><><><><>

Jisung's grandma was a great woman. A great storyteller too.

It wasn't the way she worded things that made her stories good, neither was it her creativity. It was the fact that what she said was true.

Jisung didn't know how she did it, but as he looked at Minho listening to the first published album of his, he just knew she had been right back then. 

The starry night sky outside seemed almost like proof for it. Everything she said came true. 

He moved into a city, in which stars would light up the darkness every night. They made him feel hopeful, a phenomenon he couldn't quite explain. He dropped out of law school and started doing music professionally; his dream came true. And he met Minho. His soulmate, he was convinced.

»If you continue making music this great, I'll cry«, his boyfriend suddenly spoke up, pulling him from his thoughts.

He smiled. »I'm glad you like it. I dedicated it to you.«

»That's– Oh my fucking god, that's so adorable of you.«

Jisung chuckled, allowing Minho to engulf him in a cozy hug.

Outside their window, the full moon appeared from behind the dark tree branches. It was accompanied by a shooting star.

Some may even say this shooting star had a face. The face of an old woman who watched her grandson find happiness in the city of stars.

– FIN.

241 words

final author's note following