016 | sixteen

•<><><><><> 💫 <><><><><>

to look in somebody's eyes

•<><><><><> 💫 <><><><><>

Minho's hand felt warm in Jisung's, even though they've been out in the chilly air for a while now. 

The older was still twirling the younger around, then placing his hand back on his waist to lead the dance. They didn't even notice the time flying by, they only had eyes for each other.

Jisung could've sworn he found the milky way in Minho's eyes, the way they sparkled in the moonlight was a sight he'd never forget. 

The two of them had soft smiles playing on their faces when they flopped down on the grass, exhausted from all the waltzing around. 

»You sure are a good dancer«, Jisung threw into the silence after some time, getting his hand squeezed as response. 

»Usually I'm more on the hip-hop side of dance«, Minho said lowly, tearing his gaze away from the night sky to look at the student. »But I'm glad I was decent enough in partner dance to have you enjoy it.«

They smiled at each other and Jisung could've sworn the older's eyes moved to his lips at some point, but that was probably just work of his blooming imagination.

»Hey, it's getting late«, Minho said after checking his phone, standing up and pulling Jisung with him. »I'll walk you home.«

»You don't have to«, Jisung shook his head, forgetting that they didn't live too far away from each other.

Minho wiggled with his finger. »I insist.«

The younger sighed and smiled, blushing. Once again that evening, they walked hand in hand, side by side, slowly making their way home.

The cold wind pulled on their skin, but it didn't bother any of them, as they were too distracted anyways.

»Hey Jisung?«

Said boy moved his head to look at Minho when he heard him speak. 

»Can I... can I call this a date?«

Jisung's eyes widened as he felt his blood rushing into his cheeks. He opened his mouth to respond, but nothing came out.

Minho took this as a bad sign. He sighed, slipping his hand out of the younger's hand, causing him to panic. »That was too much, I see. I'm sorry.«

Jisung shook his head wildly. »No! I-I'm sorry, you keep making me speechless.« He laced his fingers with the others' again. »I-I would really like if this was a date.«

The older smiled widely at him, suddenly engulfing him in another hug. This time, Jisung didn't hesitate to hug back. When they separated, Minho wore a smug grin on his lips.

»So I keep making you speechless?«, he teased, the younger blushing furiously. »Do I make you shy?«

His voice sounded playful, flustering Jisung even more. »M-maybe.«

The rest of the way was filled with Minho teasing Jisung, who was redder than snowwhite's apple at this point. But finally, he was saved by his apartment complex coming into view.

»This is where we part ways«, he said, surprised he didn't stutter.

The waiter frowned. »Let's meet again soon.«

Jisung nodded eagerly, looking forward to another date. 

Silence fell upon them, it was just them looking into each others eyes. Minho seemed to be contemplating something, but Jisung couldn't quite get what.

»I thought the sky was big enough to fit all stars«, the older suddenly spoke »and yet there's more in your eyes.«

Jisung choked, his heart raced. Meanwhile, Minho was cringing at himself. »That sounded better in my head.«

The younger recovered from his choking and chuckled. 

»My point is«, the older began, desperately trying to save himself from this bad pick-up line, »you have gorgeous eyes.«

Jisung smiled, breathing out a flustered ›thank you‹.  

More silence filled the air, this time a little more awkward. The student was about to bid his goodbyes when he suddenly felt a pair of lips on his cheek.

»Bye, I'll text you«, Minho whispered and hurried away, leaving a more than flustered Jisung behind.

He just kissed his cheek.

•<><><><><> 💫 <><><><><>

642 words

ooo~

i'm starting with my projects tomorrow, have this short chapter as a gift.