Chapter 8

As I walked into Kittarra's class room for the second time today and I noticed that the vibe in this class was different from her homeroom class. The Elements 101 class had a peaceful, welcoming feeling like her homeroom class, but the air was filled with in chanting and powerful vibes. I made my way to the same seat I sat in at in homeroom, with James following me. That's when I noticed that something was bothering him really bad but hid it well.
James went ahead and pulled my chair out for me. I smiled and then said "thanks," as I sat down. "No problem," he said with my favorite crooked smile upon his face, and sat in his seat on my left.

On the table in front of us were two flower bulbs, two clear glasses of water, two matches, and two large white feathers. The bell rang and it scared the crap out of me.

"Its just the bell Violet," James said smiling at me as he stroked my cheek gently then kissed my forehead. The second bell rang and Kittarra stepped out from behind the now opened, purple curtains on the stage, then closed them behind herself. She waved her hands in the air and closed all the purple curtains on the walls and lit rows of candles as well. When Kittarra was done she stood in the middle of the stage, with her silvery sparkly purple ruffled sweet heart ball gown with black netted long dropping sleeves with silver sparkles. Her black hair was pout up in her normal pixie cut with her gold tiara that was crested with jewels. Kittarra's figure glowed in the candle light it was surely something magical.

Then she spoke"Air, fire, water, and earth. These are the 4 out of the 5 elements that make up our world. Who knows what the 5th element is, Violet."

"Yes my lady," I said comely.

Kittarra smiled "Now Violet pay attention I shouldn't have to repeat myself, you understand."

"Yes my lady," I said.

"Good, now what is the 5th element," said Kittarra.

"Spirit," I said smiling that I remembered.

Kittarra smiled every student is given an influence with an element and is sometimes given an affinity for an element and sometimes even two. Today we fined out what elements or elements influence you. Air is first, Angel can you tell me the characteristics of a student influenced by air tend to be."

"Yes my lady," said Angel who I remember for giving my my life vine tattoo. Her long golden blonde hair going passed her shoulders as she stood up. She looked like a goddess with her sun kissed skin gloweing.

"A student that is influenced by air tend to be freedom loving, idealistic, unfettered by small thinking, have excellent communication skills, be charming, unselfish, and noble," Angel said as she fluttered her gold eyes.

"Yes yes very good Angel Immortal 5pt to the House of Immortals," said Kittarra."Now to influence air think of a summer breeze on the beach, let it consume you then when you feel like you may explode, pout your hand over the feather and say air," said Kittarra.

I close my eyes and thought of that first night in the woods with James, how the breeze smelled like wild flowers and blew through my hair as I laid in the meadow.

"Air," I whispered.

I heard lots of oo's and ah's so I opened my eyes and saw my feather higher then any of the others in the air. I turned in my seat to see Angel and the rest were clapping for Angel and her gift of air. There were six feathers in the air all together, Kittarra laughed with excitement with the rest of the class. There is exactly 30 kids in this class but it looks a lot bigger when we are all together.

"Good good now fire," said Kittarra."Scarlett can you tell me what the characteristics of a student influenced by fire,"

"Yyess my lady,' said scarlet. "A student influenced by fire tend to find it easy to express his or her inner nature. They are enthusiastic and vibrant, and require acknowledgment and approval to experience contentment," Scarlet said and sat down back in her seat.