Chapter 17

After the discussion with Regina, Catherine was sitting on the stairs, watching everyone, looked at Emma who seemed to be also lost in her thoughts.. she got up and went to her. Emma glanced at whoever was beside her and then back to the horizon.

"I'm not here to talk if you don't want to, but I can be here to keep you company in the silence."

"I..."

"Don't say you want to be left alone, because what you really want most is your parents' hug, to finally feel what it's like to be cherished, to feel someone's love, true love."

Emma didn't say anything, just nodded.

"You know Emma, ​​we're not that different, we're both too rational and stubborn people for this world we should have lived in, for us it's like we can't control our life because everything we thought didn't exist actually exists, our real parents are alive, we are princesses in a fairy tale... I know how hard it is for us to bury that."

"How did you manage? Even living here, you were too small  when you went for the world without magic"

"I had Fitz with me always, he was the one who kept me sane all these years, but that's not where I'm going. I'm just saying that you should give this new world a chance that you're going to discover, you now have your  parents you can meet, who love you and adore you, a beautiful son that we will recover, but above all you have to believe in yourself, because that is the most important thing, the rest comes by drag."

Emma smiled at Catherine "I never thought you were a person with many feelings" she said jokingly with her.

Catherine made a face and then smiled at her " I don't usually show my feelings to everyone, I learned a long time ago that we have to put on a cape so we don't hurt ourselves, don't you think?"

"I completely agree. But does that mean I'm not just any person.?"~

"Catherine smiled at Emma's boldness " You don't look too happy, I'm starting to like you Ms Swan..."

"Here comes the last name again." Emma said rolling her eyes.

Cathrine pretended not to hear and continued:

"Just don't waste precious time with fights that don't go anywhere.." she said and was getting ready to leave when Emma stopped her.

"Why don't you do the same? Regina is also trying to make peace with you and you keep pulling her away."

"My mother and I still have a lot of issues to resolve, nothing compares to you and your parents."

"Oh no? Both abandoned us and left us, but both are trying to correct the mistakes of the past and yes, you're right, the two situations don't compare. I can see she's changing for you and Henry, she wants to be a better person for both of you."

"She has to try harder"

"I'm not telling you to excuse her from one moment to the next, but at least let her try, and you could start by telling her that you're pregnant with her second grandchild." said Emma.