Chapter 8

Catherine came home after a long day when she arrived home found her daughter watching tv on the couch in the living room. She hung her coat in the foyer, took off her shoes, and sat down next to her daughter, who is so fixated on the movie that she didn't even notice her mother.

"Mom, you scared me." She jumped.

"Sorry, my love, but you were so fixated on television that I didn't want to scare you more that I have." She said laughing at her daughter's face.

"Where have you been all afternoon, Mom?" Hope asked, sounding quieter.

"With Emma and Henry. Why? " Catherine asked, intrigued.

Hope took a deep breath and said:

"Mom, I know you and Dad are hiding something from me. We moved to the other side of the country overnight, gave me no satisfaction to why. I left my friends all to come with you to this little town, where you spend the day now and dad. Also, this city is weird, people look different than me from everything I've ever seen. I know you're hiding something from me so please tell me. I'm not a child anymore," she pleaded.

Catherine looked at her daughter and then sighed in defeat. "Okay, you're right, your father and I have been hiding something, but we just didn't tell you earlier why we didn't have to tell you, but now that we're here in Storybooke, the story is already different. "

"Tell me mom, you know you can tell me everything. I need to know, I need to know to protect you and the baby, while Dad is not here. Tell me."

Catherine smiled a little at her daughter. "What I am about to tell you is something that is almost impossible, that you may not believe, but it is the truth. You have to promise me you'll let me talk to the end. "Hope shook her head.

"I wasn't born here, I was born in the kingdom called Enchanted Forest, where all the fairy tales you read and saw on television are real. I know this is impossible, but no, and this town is living proof of it. All the people who live in this town are fairy tales. " Catherine said explaining as much as possible so that Hope could believe what she was saying.

Hope laughed so hard that even the dog barked, "Mom please, stop joking and tell me the truth."

Catherine rolled her eyes, she knew she laughed. "Hope I'm serious, I'm a fairytale character, I mean I'm the daughter of one."

Hope widened her eyes at her mother, seeing that she wasn't lying. "How? When? What?"

 "How? When? What?"

"Calm down, I'll tell you my story. Once upon a time there was a girl of the nobility who fell in love with a simple servant, they loved each other, among them there was true love, there was nothing that separated them, or they thought. This girl's mother was known for practicing black magic and for being so ambitious that she did not look to the means to achieve the ends. She always dreamed that her daughter was queen and one day this opportunity came to her, her daughter had saved the daughter of the king who lives nearby. As a sign of gratitude, the king has proposed the daughter of this evil witch to marry." Catherine stopped when she saw her daughter's face a little confused.