Feels like a Stranger

This is a little different than the cannon story and my au. Liu and Jeff never became murders as far as mentioned. And their older than my au normally has them. Also Jeff is 7 years ahead of Liu instead of the cannon one. Ages: Liu 7, Jeff 14. Later ages Liu 10, Jeff 17.
Also self harm and abuse is mentioned/implied. These topics are serious and if you are uncomfortable with them please skip this story. If you are experiencing or doing these thing please find a form of help. Remember you matter!

3rd person's pov:

It was afternoon in the Wood's neighborhood. Margaret Woods aka Mrs. Woods had her best friend Avery Regens over to talk. The current subject was their children. "Yes Mady does very well in her school. She's the top of her class." Mrs. Woods sighed. "Jeff does very well too. It's just that he never takes any extra classes or courses that may challenge him because of Liu. I just feel like Liu holds him back from being his best." Mrs. Regens nodded her head and took a sip if tea. "It does seem Jeff holds himself back because of Liu's conditions." "Their not even real I bet. I bet Liu just fakes them to get away with things." "Hrm well I did hear of a bordering school that deals with children like that, maybe think about sending him there?" Mrs. Woods thought about this. "Yes.... that seems like a good idea! I'll talk it over with Peter! Oh thank you Avery." Mrs. Woods and Mrs. Regens talked over things for a bit longer before Mrs. Regens left.

That night at the dinner table, Mrs. Woods brought up the subject. "Peter dear, I have an idea." Mr. Woods looked up. "What is it Margaret?" Mrs. Woods looked over at Liu who was talking to Jeff. "Well Avery suggested to me a bordering school for Liu. She says it'll help him." The mention of Liu's name brought the attention of the brothers. However both parents ignored their children's questioning looks. After thinking over it, Mr. Woods replied. "Yes yes it'll help Liu, and give Jeffery more chances to do extra courses that may interest him." "M-mom, d-dad? W-what you talking a-about?" A quiet voice gently asked. "Liu sweetie, what we tell you about stammering?" Mrs. Woods said. "And interrupting?" Mr. Woods added in. "Mom, dad, you're talking about him like he's not even here. He deserves to know what you're saying. Also if you actually looked into having Liu go a speech therapist like I asked this wouldn't be an issue." Jeff came to his brother's defence slight angered at their parents. "Jeffery Alan Woods that is no way to talk to your parents." Their mother scolded. Jeff just rolled his eyes and slouched in his seat. "Anyways, Liu your mother is right this studder of yours has got to go. And to answer your interupterution, your mother and I are sending you to a border school." "W-wait w-what?" "Why does he need to go to a border school he's doing fine!" Jeff intervened once again. Both parents looked at each other. "Jeffery these habits of faking conditions has got to go. This school will help, and it'll allow both of you to do better adedemically." "He never fakes it! You're just too blind to actually realize!" Jeff said slamming his fists on the table. "J-Jeff stop." Liu said trying to calm his older sibling. "Enough! Jeffery, your mother and I have decided and there's nothing left for you to do! Liu if we hear you're acting up at this school you'll be severely punished do you understand me?" Mr. Woods said having enough of the convention. "Y-yes sir." Liu whispered. Jeff meanwhile just continued to glare at his parents.

Jeff's pov:

Liu left to go to this border school mentioned tomorrow. Right now I'm helping him pack under our mother's supervison. "Now both of you do not pack any scarves. Liu it's time you stop. You're father and I have went too easy on you about this. Take it off." The figure known as our mother said. Concerned I looked over at Liu to see him hesitantly taking off the scarf he was currently wearing. Mom then held out her hand for it. Liu reluctantly gave her the dark blue and gray striped scarf. "Thank you for not fighting me." She said taking it. Instantly I noticed the tension in Liu grow. It was so much easier for the both of us when we found out that a scarf helped him with his anxiety. But now that painfully familiar tension in Liu returned. 'Hopefully he'll be oh kay.' But I knew better, Liu was going into a new environment all by himself. It wasn't going to end well.