"It's You & Me"

"What do you mean you can't trace the call?!" Neil roared, throwing the papers around in the cabin.

"Sir, they used a burner phone which cannot be tracked." The constable mumbled.

Neil banged his fist on the table with anger.

"Sir!" DD entered the room with the laptop. "Yeh bhabhi ki aur bacho ki last location ki CCTV footage hai." He placed it on the table.

Neil frantically toggled through the video, watching Avni park the car and moving to the crowded area. He also saw a glimpse of Misti, Siddharth, and Yuvraj. Neil raged as he watched a man whose face was obviously covered, hitting Avni with a metal rod on the back of her head causing her to lose consciousness. The man then dragged her to a van which had no number plate.

"Hum car ko track karne ki koshish kar rahe hai par bina number plate ki track karna thora mushkil hai issliye time lag raha hai." DD informed

"Time hi toh nahi hai mere paas, DD." Neil mumbled.

Just then, something struck him. "DD! I just untraceable trackers on their phones! Avni, Misti, aur Siddarth ke phones track karo abhi aur abhi. Main tumhe IP addresses deta hu." Neil pulled out his phone and gave the information he needed.

"Neil." The commissioner entered. "I found out what happened. Don't worry, we will find your family."

"Sir, unke trackers switch off ho gaye hai. Sirf unki last location hi mil rahi hai." DD informed.

"Jo sleeper cells humne arrest kiye the, wo bhi kuch nahi bata rahe jab humne unhe interrogate kiya tha." Commissioner added.

"Shit!" Neil picked up a paperweight and chucked it to the wall.

"Neil, calm down. Thande dimaag se socho. Jab tumhe terrorist ka call aaya tha, toh aur kya suna tha?"

"Mujhe kuch yaad nahi hai." Neil mumbled helplessly.

The only thing he could think about was Avni and the kids. He regretted letting her go alone after the trial.

"Avni kaha ho tum?" He thought, bracing his hands on the table. Closing his eyes, he remembered everything that happened throughout the day.

Just then, he shot his eyes open. "Mujhe yaad hai! Train ki awaaz aa rahi thi." Neil said with hope.

"Neil, there are 46 railway stations in Delhi. We don't have time to check each one of them when we don't even know their exact location."

"I don't care! I will go to each one of them myself if I have to." He raged.

"Neil, yeh practical nahi hai." Commissioner countered.

"DD unki last location ke paas kitne railway stations hai?" Neil asked.

"10 railway stations." DD said.

"Unka tracker! Manually off kiya gaya tha ki nahi?"

"Nahi, sir. There is no way it can be manually turned off in such less time." DD answered. "Though it automatically turns off in areas of high radioactive material as it interferes with the wiring."

"And the only place near a railway station which can have radioactive material is.."

"The lab that is being made on the outskirts of sector 19!" DD completed.

"Sir, I have to go now!" Neil picked up his gun while ordering everyone else to get ready. He then paused. "Aaj hi kyu? Aaj aisa kya hai?" Neil thought our loud.

"Sir, aaj toh Home Minister ki night campaign hai jo election ke liye subse important hai." DD pointed out.

Neil and the commissioner exchanged looks.

Humnava Mere ♥️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें