.5.

✎﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

✎﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

Anya was entrusted with actually studying this time after moving into their new apartment—not castle, apartment because Loid is a liar—as the entrance exams were just around the corner.

Though she simply had to memorize the answers, Loid and Olivia took the time to explain how the solutions came to be. Snooze provided moral support.

Olivia also made certain that Loid did not feed Anya too many words at once. "Slow down, Anie's brain will fry if you keep going this quickly." Loid stared down at Anya, and to his utter surprise, he could see smoke from her head while her eyes were clouded and confused.

"Eh??"

"I told you."

"Anya?"

"Gababsheraisn!!"

"...What?"

"She no longer wants to learn."

"YOU UNDERSTOOD?"

"I'm a seasoned pro. I'm leaving to my room. Please fix Anya!"

"Fix? How? Oliv-"

"You've got this!"

────┈┈┈┄┄╌╌╌╌┄┄┈┈┈────

The day of the Eden admission examinations had finally arrived. Loid, Anya, and Olivia were standing outside Anya's exam room. Olivia knelt down to her level, patting Anya on the head to calm her worries. "Anie, you'll be OK. Big sis has faith in you, okay?"

Anya nodded hesitantly and fiddled with her fingers. Olivia squeezed her cheeks before standing up. "Okay, dear father, I'm off to my area. I'll see you when I'm finished." Loid nodded, patting her on the head, and waved her off.

Anya took a seat as the two arrived, while Loid sat with the other parents, apprehensive and frantic. 'I'm counting on you. Olivia, Anya! You've got this!'

Anya was staring at the questions blankly, unsure what to do. Feeling the great pressure that comes with passing this test, she attempts to read the minds of the other students, but they are all absolutely dumb and none of them is of any damn use.

'I don't know any of these answers!'

'This is so hard!'

'Uh - eeny meeny minie....'

'Mommy...!'

Anya felt her spirit depart her body as a result of these pointless thoughts. Her fingertips were clammy as she studied the exam questions. Suddenly, memories of Olivia and Loid assisting her with her studies flash through her mind, and she clutches her pencil firmly, finally jotting some answers down.

────┈┈┈┄┄╌╌╌╌┄┄┈┈┈────

Olivia took her time strolling down the pricey corridors to her exam room. "This is such a pain." When she took a turn, she accidentally hit a back and gripped her nose in pain. "Owie, ow!" The corners of her eyes prickling with tears.

"I apologize for not having noticed your presence; are you okay, miss?" Olivia lifted her head at the silky smooth voice, but also- 'Why you talking so weirdly?' As she gazes upon a divine specimen, the discomfort in her nostrils fades. "Oh wow~ uh yeah ah- I didn't notice you either. You're here for the exam? Obviously!"

The unnamed boy merely glanced at her, amused and little weirded out. "Yes, I had recently completed. I'm guessing you are as well?"

She gazed blankly into his eyes and eventually nodded. 'He's hot.'

The boy quietly cleared his throat, a bit uneasy at her gaze. A light pink hue on his cheeks. "Well you'd better hurry because there appear to be just two vacant slots remaining, and aside from myself and you, there are ten other people. Uhm, I'll uh leave it there." 

He gave her a rich-boy bow and moved passed her, their gazes locked for a split second. Olivia's blue eyes twinkled with interest as she stretched out for his hand. "Hold on a second." As he stared down at their united hands, the boys' faces became blank. 

"..."

"..."

"!!!"

"???"

"Y-your, your hand!"

"Hmm?" Olivia gazed down at their hands before returning her gaze to the bot. "What about it?" He gazed at her, taken aback, his face flushing darker and darker. "It's uh- I don't- Please let go."

She slowly let go of his hand, shrugging her shoulders. "Anyway, pretty boy, what's your name?" He crossed his arms as he stared at her suspiciously, then at the floor, then at the roof. "Why?"

Olivia laughed. "I'm just wondering who my classmate will be. Names' Olivia. Olivia...Forger. You?"

He looked into Olivia's eyes, which were difficult to decipher. It seemed strange to him as well. The fact that this gorg- girl! This girl, had no idea who he was. Who could blame her though? He's spent the most of his life locked away at home, so it's no surprise she doesn't recognize him.

"..." Olivia waited expectantly for his name. The boy sighed finally giving in. "Darius Desmond..." Olivia made a funny look when she heard the name. "Uhhh, I can't think of any nicknames for that. Damn.. I'll just keep calling you 'pretty boy' till I find out what to call you. So, see you later, Pretty Boy!" And with that, she was gone, leaving poor Darius to ponder. 

"It is difficult to come up with a nickname... Of course, I don't need one. I doubt she'd pass; most of those individuals are extremely intelligent. But best of luck, Olivia Forger."

────┈┈┈┄┄╌╌╌╌┄┄┈┈┈────

"... what am I looking at?" Olivia was confused. She eventually found her family, only to see Loid unconscious on the floor and Anya in grief. "Papa, don't abandon us! We promise to be good girls, so come back!"

Olivia looked around and raced to attract the attention of a cab driver. "...Yeah, so you can carry him here, right? I'm not breaking my back." The driver nodded and helped Loid into the car. Olivia and Anya close behind. When they arrived home, the driver placed Loid on the couch. Olivia dug into Loid's pockets and grabbed a few bucks as payment. "Thank you," she said, turning to Anya, who sniffled at Loid's body.

"Papa died."

"Rest in peace, my dude."

Olivia went to her room and returned a little later to find Loid awake on the couch, with Anya next to him. "But Mama doesn't exist."

She blinked. "I need context."

_______

[EDITED]