Chapter 7: Soulful Reunion

Back at the site of the tragedy, Mirabel is still lifeless, until she opened her eyes. But they're not opened, as her soul was now departed from her cold body.

"What happened?," she asked herself. Then, she saw her own body full of blood and scars.

She now realized that she's dead and she's now a soul. The collapse was the reason why. Mirabel sadly sighed as she saw herself lying, dead.

"I sacrified myself, for the miracle.," Mirabel said. "But I still know Abuela might be disappointed in me once more. She knows more that I destroyed the miracle."

Mirabel looked at cold body once more, and as she looked closer, she realized that it's over for her. So, she touched her own body, just for consideration that she's leaving, for good.

"You've done well, Mirabel. You've sacrified every bit of energy you have to make your family happy and proud. Now, you'll need some rest, but I'm proud of you.," she thought and her soul walks away because of her sadness and disappointment.

As she went far through the forest and outskirts of Encanto, Abuelo Pedro's soul arrived on front of Mirabel's.

"Mirabel? Mi nieta?," Abuelo's soft voice said.

Mirabel looked away slightly.

"Come on. I know it's you, mi nieta.," Abuelo said.

Mirabel then run to hug her Abuelo that she haven't talked about so much.

"Oh, Abuelo.," Mirabel's soft voice said while softly hugging.

"Mi nieta, why you walked away? Your family will be worried.," Abuelo said while breaking away from the hug.

"But abuelo, I don't want to see abuela so disappointment in me.," Mirabel explained.

"Disappointed? You should be sad for your familia about your passing.," Abuelo said.

"Let me show you."

Both Abuelo and Mirabel walked back at the site of the tragedy. At the site, Mirabel was in shocked as her parents were crying.

"I'm sorry, mami, papi.," Mirabel sadly said. "I didn't save you.," she added as she run away from the site. Her abuelo followed suit, until he stopped her in the forest.

"Mi nieta, I thought you wanted to save your family?," Abuelo asked.

Mirabel looked at him, sadly.

"I wanted too, but I'm covered of blood. I'm a failure to our family. I'm unlovable in front of them.," she sadly said.

"Is that so?," Abuelo asked again. Mirabel sadly nods.

Abuelo's hands softly touched Mirabel's shoulders. The two souls have a soulful amount of sadness of one another.

"Mi nieta, look. You're not a failure to our family. You make them proud.," Abuelo softly said.

"I know, but I don't know if they are.," Mirabel sadly said. "They just don't want me to be loved or being proud of me because I didn't have a gift."

"Don't say that.," Abuelo said. "They love you, Mirabel. They just didn't want to show their love so much. And they're proud of you. Because you sacrified your life to save the miracle.," he added.

Mirabel sadly realized about what happened before her death.

"You know, I've watch every single move that you and your familia had in the skies above.," Abuelo happily said.

"Really?," Mirabel asked. Abuelo nods.

"It's because I love you guys. I love you and your family, Mirabel.," Abuelo said. "Even with those gifts, I still love you even thought you didn't noticed it. Because our familia always gave their compassion towards each other."

Mirabel looked back on how her own family treated her. She was an outcast in her own family for goodness sake.

"Look, you don't realized it at first, but they love you mi nieta.," Abuelo softly said.

After hearing those words, Mirabel hugged her abuelo softly.

"Gracias, abuelo.," Mirabel softly said.

"Now, let's go back.," Abuelo said.

"I suppose.," Mirabel said. "Just for one final message."

After that, both Madrigal souls walked back to the site of the tragedy.