Honey and Vinegar

•Y/N: Your Name

—————————————————
__________________________________
Author's POV:
__________________________________

—————————————————__________________________________Author's POV:__________________________________

__________________________________

Lord only knew what was in the air that day, but it seemed like everyone in town had a hankering for something sweet. The morning rush was expected. Lots of people enjoy a nice pastry to go with their coffee in the morning, but even past noon and well into the evening, there were customers filing in to order cookies, cakes and milkshakes, waiting in such ridiculously long lines that she had to cut her lunch break short to take care of everyone. It wouldn't have been so bad perhaps had her grandma felt well enough to come to work. Y/N worried that the old woman's age was catching up with her.

     As spunky as she was, she was getting sick more often nowadays. She hopes it's only a small bug and nothing more. It had been a long day, but at least Terrance hadn't shown his face. He hasn't come in for a while, actually, which was surprising. She wanted to be relieved about that fact, but it also made her paranoid to be at work alone when at any moment he could show up and ruin her day. She didn't hear anything from Nathan either. She didn't expect him to speak to her after he moved away anyways, but she worried for him too. Hopefully, he was safe and away from his housemate's madness. At the end of the day, she cleaned and locked up, glad that the bakery would be closed tomorrow for some well deserved rest. She tossed the keys into her purse and spun around only to scream and crash into the door when faced with a hooded figure standing right behind her. A smile stretched across their pale face as familiar blue eyes bore into hers.

     "Hi, Y/N." The woman gulped, struggling to steady her heart rate as she spoke. She was scared. Was he waiting for the opportunity to catch her when she was alone?

     "T- Terrance, what are you doing here? You know we're closed." He shuffled his feet, looking down at them, bringing her attention to what was in his hands, a small box wrapped in gift paper. She felt a chill, remembering the last present he gave her and nearly pressed more into the door. She wished she could discreetly grab her keys and go back inside to get away from him, but he might just end up waiting by the door for her to come out. There was the back way, but she was sure he'd catch on and chase after her.

"I know. I wasn't able to come in today, but I still wanted to see you." His thumbs glided along the wrapping paper as his eyes flicked towards hers again. She tried her hardest not to shake as he held it out to her. "I... I got you this." His face turned pink as he nudged it closer. Y/N was tempted to slap it away from her but kept her hand firmly on the strap of her purse.

     "I don't want it," she excused, spotting a way around him and takes a step to the side. At least she wasn't cornered now, but as much as she wanted to run, she didn't want to alarm him. Noticing that she was backing away from him, Terrance stepped forward, still holding out the present.