Toxic Love

•Y/N: Your Name

—————————————————
__________________________________
Author's POV:
__________________________________

  It was a struggle just to open her eyelids, and even when she managed that, everything within her sight was too blurry to distinguish. There were these lines— Thin and black, crossing over each other, creating small openings through which she could maybe fit a hand into. Beyond that was pink, solid pink. Scrunching her face, Y/N blinked and squinted, hearing a rasp in her breath as she shuffled upon something soft, blankets and a single pillow which rested beneath her head. It took her almost a minute to finally get a grasp of where she was. Well, perhaps not where but certainly what she was in. It was dark, but a light within the room shined over the fabric of a blanket, allowing her to see the bars of what she could only assume to be a cage meant for large dogs like Mastiffs and Great Danes.

     "What is this place?" Her mind awoke first followed by her heart, which pounded heavily in her chest and caused her breath to quicken and her lethargic body to shake. She forced her head up to look towards the door of the cage only to find it padlocked. Her hands shifted but had no room to move, securely fastened behind her back. Even her legs were tied together. Y/N continued to move, hoping to worm her way out of the binds, wincing occasionally as she pulled on a joint or pulled too hard, growing more frantic and frustrated the more she fought against them. The fabric beneath her shuffled and the cage rattled as she seethed. As she went to shout, the blanket covering her prison was lifted.

Y/N froze, looking up at Terrance's cheerful smile through angry tears. He looked different, his hair a different color than what she was used to, but most notably were the deep scratches that covered the majority of his arms, neck and even his cheeks, self inflicted by his very own black-painted nails out of stress. It had started ever since she left him at the grocery store. He had only been able to stop himself after Y/N was finally in his clutches, further proof that she had ruined him. He reveled in the look of shock she wore when she saw how battered he was. Now, she could see. She could finally see what she was doing to him.

"Heyyyyy, Bunny."

"Terrance?" Her shock wore off fast, her anger too strong. How dare he smile like that after what he's done? "What did you do? What did you do?! Let me out! Terrance, let me out!" With all her might, she picked up her legs and gave a strong kick against the bars, hitting them again and again in hopes of breaking it open. The cage rattled with each blow, causing Terrance to laugh madly in amazement as he braced it with both his hands.

"I've caught you now, Bunny." Her power shook him to the core, that look of outrage on her face just beautiful. She was flushed with anger, baring her teeth like an animal as she slammed her feet against the cage harder each time. He thought she might actually break it.

"Get me out of this fucking cage right now!"

"Easy now, Y/N." Terrance flinched and held the cage tighter as the bars began to dent. "Wouldn't want me to break your legs, now, would you?" He threatened with a calm, frigid voice that stopped her in her tracks. Catching her breath, Y/N looked up at him with wide eyes. Not once has he stopped smiling. The fear of the situation started to sink in as he let out a bubbly, little giggle and tilted his head to the side, admiring her from head to toe.

"You said you didn't want to hurt me," she recalled, stumbling over her quiet words.

"Of course not, Bunny," he replies in a much softer tone as he crouched down at the door of the cage, his fingers still clinging onto the top. His eyes bore right into hers as he continued. "But if you force my hand, I'll have no other choice. You were going to shut me out. You were going to push me away. How could you do that when you can clearly see I need you with me?" His eyes teared up as he gripped the bars harder, resisting the urge to rip at his skin again. There was no need for that, not with her here.