The Unlucky Rabbit

•Y/N: Your Name

—————————————————
__________________________________
Author's POV:
__________________________________

—————————————————__________________________________Author's POV:__________________________________

__________________________________

She didn't see him for an entire day, and for that, she was relieved. She half-expected him to show up at the sweets shop first thing in the morning, pleading hysterically for her love and attention, which she would retort with vicious shouts of refusal before calling the police and having him arrested. Maybe the restraining order threat worked to scare him off? Y/N intends to go through with it, regardless, but didn't exactly know where to begin. She would have to look it up once she got home. The sooner, the better, she figured. Even if it might not guarantee her safety, it will give her some comfort.

Though he might not have shown up, her nerves were on end the entire time she worked, knowing that, at any moment, it was possible for him to appear. Her eyes found themselves scanning for the slightest hint of pink. A man wearing a shirt the same shade as Terrance's hair had passed the windows and nearly sent her out of her skin, but thankfully, it wasn't the deranged customer. It didn't help that she was working alone again. Her paranoia left her scrambling through work, her head too up in the clouds to focus on anything.

She had almost burnt two batches of cookies that morning, narrowly avoided dropping a glass filled with an order of orange sherbet and slipped on a wet spot on a part of the floor she had mopped because of a child that had spilled their juice, blind to the bright, yellow sign she had placed there herself to warn people of the slipping hazard. Her thoughts were consumed by Terrance on his knees, begging her not to push him away. He seemed terrified of the thought, but it had to be done. She shouldn't have played nice in the first place. It didn't help at all.

This infatuation had gone on for too long. She only hoped he wouldn't do anything rash because of this. She remembered the bunny, that poor thing that was killed because he lost his mind over her. Hopefully, his housemates were alright. Nathan told her they were informed of the situation. By the sounds of it, they were hoping to follow in his footsteps and leave, not wanting to be stuck in the same house with a crazy person.

At the end of the day, she packed up, cleaned the floors and the tables before heading out. She decided to close a little early today. Her grandmother might scold her for that, but once she explained she didn't feel safe walking home at sundown, she would understand. She wished she could've taken the car, but worried the old woman might need it to go to the doctor if needed. Thankfully, there were lots of people outside. Even if Terrance was to try something, someone would see him, do something, call someone, yet her eyes still looked for him, never once realizing that she had stared right at him on more than one occasion.