Chapter 14 - Expedition: Night

Time has passed as the sun started to set for the day. As the day change to night, it was dangerous to continue hunting Honkai beast. The Valkyries had no choice but to begin to setting up camp.

But as camping was also a part of the evaluation, there's no returning back to base camp where it's safe. The aim for this was for the Valkyries to learn how to rest in a honkai infested area. Fortunately, Chevaliers were an exception to this rule. One could say this was one of the special privileges of being a Chevalier.

"Hey Glynne, you awake?" Hearing someone whispering from outside his tent, Glynne got up while rubbing his head in a bit of annoyance. He then got out and saw a familiar brown-haired boy that he met earlier this morning. "Albert? Is there something I can help you with?"

"Shhhh." Albert put a finger over his lips as he signaled Glynne to keep it down. "Come, follow me?"

Glynne furrowed his brows as Albert sneaked around the camp. When the brown-haired boy noticed him not following his lead, he signaled him to hurry. Glynne, although hesitant, decided to follow him for the time being.

The two sneaked around the camp, avoiding the eyes of the patrolling guards. They then arrived outside the camp as Albert sighed in relief. "Phew, that was nerve-racking."

"Hey, what are we sneaking around for?" Glynne asked as he could hold back his curiosity.

"You'll see when we get there." Albert said as he walked towards the forest. Since it's too late to turn back now, Glynne has no choice but to follow.

As they walk deeper into the forest, Glynne noticed a light source. Honkai beasts don't exactly need any light so it was safe to say that it came from humans.

As the two walk closer to it, the light source was soon revealed to be a campfire. He also noticed the two other Chevaliers that Glynne met earlier this morning was sitting around it. There's was also another unfamiliar one with them, a boy with a gray hair and dressed in a ninja outfit. By the process of elimination, he must be Jin, the one who radioed in while he was talking to Victor previously.

"Hey, I've brought Glynne!" Albert announced his arrival.

"Nice! With this we could finally start." Andrei exclaimed.

"What exactly is happening here?" Glynne asked as he seemed a bit clueless.

"Al didn't tell you?" Victor asked as he drank from a water canteen. "Puwah, that feels great!"

"I was hoping it would be somewhat of a surprise." Albert said as he looked at Glynne. "As you can see, we're having a party. Well, can't really call it that... let's just call it a get-together."

"Is that so..." Glynne seemed a bit unconvinced as Albert can't help but smile bitterly.

"Anyways, have some drink first." The brown-haired boy picked canteen Victor was drinking earlier and tossed it to Glynne.

Glynne manage to catch it as he tilted his head when he looked at the canteen on his hands. When he opened it, a familiar smell entered his nose as he can't help but open his eyes in surprise. "Hey, isn't alcohol prohibited?"

"Oh don't sweat such little details." Victor grumbled. "A little sip won't a problem... Hurray for stigmata!"

Glynne couldn't help but furrow his eyebrows. It was already established that stigmata strengthen the human body, this also true for the body's constitution. Meaning, it's harder to get drunk and at the same time, easier to sober up. A little alcohol wouldn't hurt but Victor seemed to have passed that limit.

"Hey, will he be alright?" Glynne whispered to Albert.

"Oh don't worry about him. If were talking about him, he could sober up within a blink of an eye." Albert reassured as he showed a thumbs up. "Anyways, are you gonna drinking that?"