beautiful boy

A bit short lolll

I was on my way to my son's school to pick him up. There was a bit of traffic on the way to Landon's school. I finally got to the school's parking lot and I saw him with his friends. He saw the car and said his goodbyes to his little friendgroup.

"Hey mom" He said as he put his bag on the backseat and he sat down. He looked sad.

"You alright hun?" I asked him while I pulled out of the parking lot.

"I miss dad" He said as he looked down. Alex has been on tour with the Monkeys and now that they finished the first leg of tour, he gets to finally come home.

Their next leg of tour would be all over Spain and the rest of Europe.

"Hey he'll be home when we get to the house you know that? I said trying to cheer him up. He looked up at me and he smiled. He was so adorable.

He played a little bit of music until we reached our house. Once I pulled up on our driveway I felt this wave of excitement when I saw Alex's car in the garage.

"Lets go in babe" I said as I unbuckled his seat belt for him.

"Thanks Mom" He replied with a cute smile. We walked in the house and I felt a sense of comfort.

"Hey" I heard then I saw his beautiful face. Alex walked over to Landon and gave him a hug. He then walked over to me and kissed my lips. I gave him a hug and we both heard an "ew" from Landon and we pulled away. We both laughed and went to the living room. Landon went up to his room and did some of his homework which gave me and Alex some alone time.

"Sooo" I started, "How are you?" I asked as I leaned into the pillow as he rested his head on my thighs.

"I've been great, doll" He said, smiling up at me. He kissed my knee and I ran my fingers through his hair. He leaned into my touch right away which made me smile. Our little moment got interrupted when we heard Landon from upstairs.

"Dad could you help me with my English homework" We heard. He always asked Alex for help when it only came to his English homework. Why? well it's because, His dad is his dad. His dad's Alex Turner and that man writes lyrics in the most beautiful way possible.

"Duty calls" He says with a little chuckle. I smiled at him and he gave me a kiss on his pink plump lips.

"I'm coming bud" Alex replies to Landon and goes upstairs. I decided to go to the kitchen and see what I could make for dinner. I made little steak cuts and potatoes. We at dinner and we talked, a lot. Alex talked about tour, I talked about what was going on in the Vogue studio and Landon talked about the little things that have been happening in his school. We decided to call it a night since it was a school day for Landon tomorrow and because Al was partially jet-lagged.

"Dad could you tuck me in?" Landon asked Alex. Alex laughed. Landon's 7 years old and "too old" to be tucked in. He's always been super close with his dad and I. As Alex tucked him in I just watched. Landon doesn't really like when I "crash" his and Alex's cute little connection.

"Sing?" He asked Al. Alex giggled and kissed his forehead.

Close your eyes
Have no fear
The monster's gone
He's on the run and your daddy's here

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful
Beautiful boy
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful
Beautiful boy

Before you go to sleep
Say a little prayer
Every day in every way
It's getting better and better

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful
Beautiful boy
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful
Beautiful boy

Out on the ocean
Sailing away
I can hardly wait
To see you come of age

But I guess we'll both just have to be patient
'Cause it's a long way to go
A hard row to hoe
Yes it's a long way to go
But in the meantime
Before you cross the street
Take my hand

Life is what happens to you
While you're busy making other plans
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful
Beautiful boy
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful
Beautiful boy

While he sang the song he ran his fingers through his hair, pushing strands out of his face.

"Goodnight darling boy" He says as he kisses his forehead and turns off the lights of Landon's room.