Chapter 3 - She texted

Xavier's POV

————————————-

When i arrived home, dad didn't come to greet me. Instead he was tucked away in his office. So I went to my room and starting painting. I was painting Wednesday, I couldn't get her off my mind, I spent weeks basically throwing myself at her. In the end she did come through, taking an arrow for me and all. But I don't know if I can trust her though. So I painted what I want her to be. She looks the same, acts the same but finds interest in me. When I make the painting move, she smiles at me, a genuine, spooky Wednesday smile.

After I finish the painting, I hear a ding. It's probably Ajax complaining about missing Enid I bet. But when I see Wednesday's name pop up I click on it immediately.

She texted.

I reply back with a witty comment to all her texts. She didn't like 'desperate' Xavier, may as well be hard to get. It was a brief conversation, not that I expected much more from Wednesday seeing as it was her first time using a phone.

Over the next few days I spend time painting Wednesday and maybe other things. I do miss nevermore but having socials help with that to.
My dad finally acknowledged me coming back for a brief 5 seconds and then walked away after a simple "Hello son." Great, now i felt shitty. Just as I was going to have an early night, I see Wednesday's name pop up again.

It's her asking why I don't text. So my plan is working. I'm smiling while replying back with sarcastic comments, imagining her face of confusion when she reads them. We talk for hours about what we've done over the break. Both not doing much, but she had to go to sleep and I probably did to. It was easy going to sleep in a better mood now.

What is Wednesday doing with my head?