𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 » 𝐛𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐲

》* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 。* 。° 。* 。 • ˚《

Makena rubbed her eyes as she removed the duvet covering her body. "Woah, be careful, you're still not fully healed." Shuri warned, sitting up in the bed and setting her book on the nightstand. "I thought I died again," Makena mumbled as she laid back down, wincing at the pain from her stomach.

"No, you just lost consciousness. I was able to get the remainder of the vibranium out of your system, you didn't get all of it therefore why you lost consciousness. It's still late so you should get some rest," Shuri said.

"Mhm. I'm guessing I'm in your room?" Makena said. Shuri pursed her lips awkwardly, "Uh, how'd you know?"

"All the technology and gadgets everywhere. You sleeping next to me kinda gave it away," Makena chuckled softly. "I just wanted to make sure you would be okay." Shuri defended.

"Uh huh, totally. So, uh not to make this awkward but who changed my clothes?" Makena asked lowly.

"Oh it wasn't me, don't worry. Nakia did, we knew you'd be uncomfortable with anyone else so Nakia was the only other choice," Shuri explained. Makena hummed and pulled herself up right. "Where's Erik?"

Shuri looked down in sadness, not for Erik but for Makena. It was clear she truly cared for Erik. Makena sighed, the silence already told her what she wanted to know. "I need to go," Makena stood up and grabbed her grey cardigan on the hook.

Shuri stood up, "Why? Where are you going?"

"I just need some air. I'll be back tomorrow," Makena mumbled. She grabbed her shoes and slid them on before going to walk out but Shuri grabbed her wrist. "Can I come with you? Please."

Makena let out a breath before finally agreeing and Shuri smiled. "We can't let the Dora see us though or they'll tell my mother we left," Shuri said. Makena nodded and walked over to Shuri's balcony. "Do you trust me?" Makena asked.